• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone want to go over my build plan?

soofley

Here is my planned build. Let me know if i'm missing something or if there something that will not be compatible with other parts. If i end up deciding not to get the iron Ridge(because its got a one hefty price tag....!), i might end up getting Ma-Ten billet set.

UPPER: Iron Ridge Arms IRA-X Set dpms system

LOWER: Iron Ridge Arms IRA-X Set dpms system

BARREL: Rainier Arms UltraMatch 20" dpms system

BCG: DPMS .308 bcg

LPK: DPMS .308 lpk

FOREARM: DD AR10 LITE Rail 12.0 w/ DPMS barrel nut

STOCK ASSEMBLY: Magpul PRS(or vltor eMod). Vltor AR10 buffer tube. ar10 spring and buffer

OTHERS:

*vltor low profile gas block, rifle length gas tube

*battlecomp VS pri brake

*flipsights and optics will be decided when its all built.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the parts list, the only thing I'd be concerned about would be the upper and lower - definitely talk to IRA on the phone first, ask them if they have all their issues worked out, and if they're going to stand behind their product, regardless of where you purchase it.

Everything else looks good.

oh yip cheers, that i have to do! other than the buffer damage and hard to fit LPK, what other known issues are there? i can prolly google it tomrow sometime at work.

Is it safe to assume that the name change IRA-10 to IRA-X is just plain name change? not like a revision with their design?

dangs i really love iron ridge's appearance but it costs twice as much as ma-ten set. I might just go for the ma-ten.

We'll i'm off to rainier arms tomorrow to start my first parts run for this build. I got an email that they have the 20" barrel instock so i'll snag that since they seem to go pretty fast.

ok another VERSUS fight

BattleComp or PRI brake?

I have both types on my 2 ar15's. Battlecomp is great. The PRI brake(i have miculek) is impractical for a 5.56 in terms of outcome.... its like a sound amplifierX10 seriously, obnoxious. Though it would definately look like badass on a 20" .308

Unless price is no object, the MA TEN will be your best bang for the buck, especially with Branson's group buy. As mentioned above, if you want to have the best shooting gun you can, two things (aside from ammo) will have the most dramatic effect on how well the gun shoots (or how well YOU can shoot it) those are a match quality barrel, and a high quality trigger, don't cut corners on either. Regarding brakes, Although I really like the BABC, I don't like the price much, take a look at the Spikes Dynacomp, very similar to the other but less than $100.

dangs i really love iron ridge's appearance but it costs twice as much as ma-ten set. I might just go for the ma-ten.

We'll i'm off to rainier arms tomorrow to start my first parts run for this build. I got an email that they have the 20" barrel instock so i'll snag that since they seem to go pretty fast.

ok another VERSUS fight

BattleComp or PRI brake?

I have both types on my 2 ar15's. Battlecomp is great. The PRI brake(i have miculek) is impractical for a 5.56 in terms of outcome.... its like a sound amplifierX10 seriously, obnoxious. Though it would definately look like badass on a 20" .308

When at Rainier if you meet someone named Rob tell him Drew said "Whats Up" He's another brother from another mother.  <thumbsup>

do you guys think the 20" is a good length? both my ar15's are 16 inchers so i thought i'd get something a little longer since the primary use of this gun is mainly long range shooting that the ar15 can't do. Also whats the max grain i can use on my barrel, its a 1/10 twist. cheers you guys are really helpful and i very much appreciate it!

would an AR15 multi-tool work for the .308 freefloat DanieDefense barrel nut i listed?

Not sure about the wrench on that nut , but others will know .

The 20" 1-10 bbl.s seem to like 168-9 gr. wt. of bullets for longer range . Than you have the solid copper bullets , some shoot real good & others not so much .

I have a 172gr. that is not made  any more , that works pretty good ,but have not tested it yet at the longer ranges , but will the first part of the year.

Ya never know though till ya try different weight bullets out . No two bbl.s are alike.

do you guys think the 20" is a good length? both my ar15's are 16 inchers so i thought i'd get something a little longer since the primary use of this gun is mainly long range shooting that the ar15 can't do. Also whats the max grain i can use on my barrel, its a 1/10 twist. cheers you guys are really helpful and i very much appreciate it!

20" good, my larue is 20" and is also a 1/10, loves 168 gr. federal gmm. i feel i can easily shoot 600 +

ok so i bought a $22 "light job" table mounted vise from home depot. I will be mounting it on my computer desk(LOL! i know it's so funny just picturing it in my head! HAHAHA!), do you guys think it'll work? My table's made out of real wood probably half an inch thick(or a lil bit more), not those fake recycled wood office desk kind of bs.

i can't do the install until i get my forearm which includes the barrel nut.

Soofley    " do you guys think it'll work? My table's made out of real wood probably half an inch thick(or a lil bit more),"

BUT    the light vise aint a half an inch thick! <lmao>

i can just " see you crankin down on the barrel nut and the vise snapping off and you holding a barrel,wrench and vise  in your hands  <laughs>  Nah..    go ahead itll work!  Wash