• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone want to go over my build plan?

soofley

ye your right, the ones in noveske's website are gorgeous. lol i'll prolly check them SWS again later and find more fotos when i get home.

yea i wanted something in the 13" length to cover the gas block atleast partially and have QD hole. But oh well, after weeks of searching for the right rail, i think i'm just going to settle with daniel defense 12 even-though there's like a half an inch space between the block and the rail. I still love the lite 12" DD rail

i just ordered my BABC so it'll get here sometime next week. my girlfriend is buying me the 308 BCG, love her for that lol!, i wanted chrome but its no where instock! and i'm getting a DD lite 12 if i'm really desperate to get started on the breaking in process.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have to dremel you berrel nut to make way for the gas tube 98?

Yes, but that's in the design of the barrel nut - it'll make sense when it's in your hands.  You'll see why you need to do it.  There are no "teeth" around the barrel nut, for a gas tube to go into - instead of them cutting a bunch of teeth, that you'd need to line up, they just don't.  You tighten it, make a notch for the gas tube, and it's done.  It'll be clear once you receive it.  Not a big deal at all.  Use a "chainsaw sharpening bit" in the Dremel - it cuts the perfect notch.  <thumbsup>

oh my gawd i a so bumd right now. my payment for the credit card didnt went through coz my bank was frozen due to large withdrawal caused by my car repair yesterday. i only went home with just the handguard :(.

hey guys, do you this would be a good trade.

a brand new black DPMS 308 BCG for a used chrome DPMS?

It'll be loose until the rail goes on there, and you put in the bolts to tighten it.  Not trying to sound condescending, just going off the info from above.  Sounds like you've tightened the barrel nut so far, and asked the question.  That plate cinches the rail to the barrel nut - it'll make a plate-rail sandwich with the barrel nut in the middle.  <thumbsup>

Hey Soofley    Same thing on the trx extreme ...you gotta go to the last step on the last bolt being tightened up until its rock solid...but back this summer trx had a bad batch that rotated even after everything was tightened up...hope thats not the case with the DD <thumbsup> Wash

oh yip! the bolt plate  was supposed to be really loose even after tightening the barrel nut. It stays firm solid once the 12" rail is bolted in tight! i like the rail/gastube combo. Didnt have no gap in between the gastube and rail like i thought it would

i really wish they would've added the "loose bolt plate" to the installation manual.

tnx guys, ya'll been a big help.

well guys, i think i finally finished my build.... i just need to save up for the nightforce optic. Right now i'm using my Nikon m-223 optic. The M-223 should do work fine until i get my nightforce :D

Everything is assembled except for the BCG and BABC, both are in the mail and should get here by the end of next week!

UPPER: Ma-Ten dpms system (acquired)

LOWER: Ma-ten dpms system (acquired)

BARREL: Rainier Arms UltraMatch 20" dpms system (acquired)

BCG: Fulton Armoury Chrome .308 bcg (IN THE MAIL!)

LPK: DPMS .308 lpk (acquired)

FOREARM: Daniel Defense Lite 12" (acquired)

STOCK ASSEMBLY: Magpul PRS (acquired)

GAS BLOCK: Rainier arms low profile gas block stainless, rifle length tube (acquired)

GRIP: Tango down Battle grip (acquired)

MUZZLE: Battlecomp BABC matte stainless (IN THE MAIL!)

misc parts:

Gear Sector 3pt/1pt sling (acquired)

Daniel Defense QD sling rail adapter (acquired)

Tango Down Rail cover (acquired)

parts i'll get sometime:

BI-POD: Tangodown Advanced Combat

FRONT GRIP: Magpul AFG

TRIGGER ASS: i don't know which to get yet

SCOPE: NightForce 8-32x56

just got my chrome Fulton Armoury aka DPMS .308 BCG!

one question.... Is the bolt and bolt carrier supposed to be a tight fit? tight fit as in you have to apply about 3 or 4 times the pressure compared to AR15 bcg just to move the bolt back and fort?

tight muzzle/barrel and now tight BCG. OH and did i mention a very tight magazine fit? So tight that the mag won't pop lose when i press the mag release button. Had to pull the magazine while the gf is holding the rifle.  ;D fun, i had to do this on all c-product mags i bought.

Just curious, have you tried different types/brands of mags in your lower? I could understand that if your lower was on the tight side of the tolerance, the mags might not drop free (which would be a problem for me) but unless your exaggerating about your GF holding the gun for you, it sounds to me like something is wrong. If the fit is slightly snug, maybe you need to clearance a couple of mags for it, but you shouldnt have to force them in or fight to get them out.