• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Whats everyone doing for Christmas?

imschur

Believe it or not, I have a shooting trip planned with some Ukrainian friends of mine on Christmas eve.

On Christmas day, I'll be trapped at my mother's house and she's going to be going a million miles an hour, so I am sure I'll be escaping the chaos from time to time by jumping on the forum with my laptop. So this might actually NOT be a total ghost town, though it may be nothing more then myself and if lucky, one other member practicing our fast draw. LOL.

I do what I can...what I can.

Looks like my plans have changed.  Probably due to one of the little whippersnappers doing an open-face broadcast sneeze, I'm coming down with a cold fast.

Should be up plenty early now.

All spaced out this afternoon, the girl comes home and I soon hear a plastic shopping bag rustling, so I look over and see her pull the present I got her today out of the bag.  She looks at me, so I said "Merry Christmas.  Now I don't have to wrap it."  She disappeared, comes back in a few minutes with the tags cut off, wearing it.

She looks at me straight faced and says "You should put it away next time."

Jon

Christmas is already over for me... I went up to Ann Arbor, MI to see my wife's folks and have an early Christmas since my work schedule has me working Christmas day. I got:

1. RC helicopter and awesome Gerber knife - Wife

2. Eddie Baur pajama pants and long john undershirt - Bro-in-law

3. Bushnell 1000-yard laser rangefinder and Motorola Droid Bionic + handsfree kit - Mom & Dad-in-law

4. Pair of insulated leather gloves from Grandma-in-law

5. Pair of carpenter jeans from my in-laws collectively.

Awesome Christmas, well worth the 10.5 hour drive from here!

I'm flying up to Anchorage, AK, then catching some smaller bush-pilot flights up to Koyuk, AK.  I'll be staying with my Native American Eskimo buddy, and we're going hunting.  I'm killing a Reindeer for Christmas.  Bah Humbug.  <thumbsup>

buck_reindeer.jpg