Operation Maple Syrup

Cunuckgaucho

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Local guy has Berger 140 Match Hybrids,144 Long Range Hybirds along with Hornady(140 to 147gr)

Absolutely none of those suck.  You can't go wrong if you buy all of them.   :hail:

14 hours ago, Magwa said:

please get me any Berger Hybrids 140 you can is it possible to bring them here without being a problem?

What twist is your rifle? They have 

BERGER 6.5MM 144 GR LONG RANGE HYBRID 1:8" TWIST, TARGET BULLET / 100 BOX

$104.99(US$78)

At 140gr they have 

BERGER 6.5MM 140 GR MATCH LR BT, TARGET BULLET / 100 BOX

$97.99(US$72.80)

They aren't listing 140gr hybrid now so will talk to them on week when they are back. I'll call around to some other scources and get you some prices.

147s are better for 6.5s.  I'm just sayin'....  Compare BCs. Run all the math on those projectiles. Your goal is distance, so don't handicap yourself early on, when there might be a better projectile out there.

My $0.02.  :thumbup:

For the difference in what gains I could get and even if I could find them I will stick with the 140 grain Hybrid and low and behold I found 3 boxes yesterday  . I would have to find a new node and charge weight with 147's

I just ran this 6 shot string on the chrono and checked my zero I have a match Sunday here is what I got

1. 2975

ES 9

SD3.6  all in a group of 0.32 that is why I just can not abandon this combination .......

• 2 months later...

Works been pretty busy last month and a bit, I'll get out this Sunday. Still shooting factory ammo to get brass.

Componetsaren't an issue, bullets readily avalible and I have powder and primers.

The paperwork is filed so soon she'll be able to go south of the 49th( added pistols and some other stuff to the list). Might find myself in Idaho :cool: later this summer 

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Works been pretty busy last month and a bit, I'll get out this Sunday. Still shooting factory ammo to get brass.

Componetsaren't an issue, bullets readily avalible and I have powder and primers.

The paperwork is filed so soon she'll be able to go south of the 49th( added pistols and some other stuff to the list). Might find myself in Idaho :cool: later this summer 

👍