• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What toys are your wife getting you for Xmas -- that she doesn't realize.

MtnMike

Wondered if any other fellas had adopted this practice.  Almost every year, I wrap one or more toy under the Christmas tree as a gift from my wife to myself.  Seems to go over better than just walking into the house with it to face the inevitable ?s - "how much did that cost?" - "What happened to  watching our spending?"  Anyway, for me, this year its a CVA Optima muzzle-loader and a Leupold VX-6-HD 2x12-42 Firedot. (Both were amazing bargains by the way! 🤑 

Looks like I'm scoring bigtime this year on her shiit.  A Larue 158 mount, another Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 mil scope, a .260 Rem gun, a badass 18" 5.56 precision gun, a bunch of Olight lights, multi-tool and a knife, K&N cold air intake for a Dodge truck...   I'm keeping it all for myself.  :thumbup:

Oh, I'm keeping the Ruger PC Carbine takedown in the MagPul stock, and the new PA mini red dot that goes on it, too...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Looks like I'm scoring bigtime this year on her shiit.  A Larue 158 mount, another Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 mil scope, a .260 Rem gun, a badass 18" 5.56 precision gun, a bunch of Olight lights, multi-tool and a knife, K&N cold air intake for a Dodge truck...   I'm keeping it all for myself.  :thumbup:

Oh, I'm keeping the Ruger PC Carbine takedown in the MagPul stock, and the new PA mini red dot that goes on it, too...  :banana:

Be careful with that K&N filter, the intake on my Powerstroke was caked with fine dust up to the turbo. I went back to the stock one and no more dust.

19 hours ago, jim3326 said:

Be careful with that K&N filter, the intake on my Powerstroke was caked with fine dust up to the turbo. I went back to the stock one and no more dust.

Yep, I don't run K&Ns on forces induction engines.  Only on naturally aspirated engines.  

Back on subject...

I'm not difficult to buy for if the person buying is loaded with cash. Heck, I'm easy to buy for! But the wife and I exchange gift lists (since we're not loaded) and this year I wanted a Makita 36v chainsaw. Sure I have 3 other gas saws but none are as light and carefree as the 36v Li-Ion battery saw. We exchanged lists months ago and I think she figured I'd give up the notion. No such luck. So she told me to order it since she doesn't know squat about it. What she doesn't know is that I'm not done ordering for it. 

Since it's not a surprise and I had a dead tree come down in the driveway a few days ago I used it for that already. Short story... It won't be my primary saw for felling and large tree trunks but for limbing it worked fine. Yesterday saw it cutting dry rock maple limbs up to 6" diameter and it did a fine job. The batteries (it takes 2  18v) don't show even one light down in charge state. I thought it might be an expensive toy despite reviews to the contrary. I'm wearing my happy face because it works fine for what I want it for.