Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's your weather like today or the past few days?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Well, that's the pits! (the tree)

We're still in a drought with no relief in sight. Our well can supply the entire neighborhood if I wanted it to. But I don't. Others aren't as fortunate. Some trees are in stress and are getting their autumn leaves early to cut their losses and maybe live. 

Our weather has changed somwhat, and this is our wet season coming up. But what we're getting is a break in the summer heat and humidity. A very welcome break. Traditionally Labor Day is the flipping of the switch to autumn weather but it appears to already have begun. Yesterday it was 46*F when I got up to take the dog out. The day before 47*.

I love autumn! (even if it's still summer for most of the nation)

 

Posted

Ive never been to Florida but one of those southern states heat and humidity is here and I don’t like it!!!!

its 7:30pm 83° and 84° humidity 

Posted
53 minutes ago, shepp said:

Ive never been to Florida but one of those southern states heat and humidity is here and I don’t like it!!!!

its 7:30pm 83° and 84° humidity 

It's not from Texas.  It's 89° and 54% humidity at 8:30.

Posted
On 9/4/2026 at 8:26 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

It's not from Texas.  It's 89° and 54% humidity at 8:30.

If this was from Texas it would be Houston, this is like some Louisiana/mississipi/floridabama swamp ass shit! 

Posted
1 hour ago, CarlFlores said:

At that point I’d be looking for excuses to stay inside with the AC and not feel one bit guilty about it.

This is exactly what we do during the summer in Central AZ...   and NO guilt about it...   :laffs:

Posted
On 9/4/2026 at 9:20 PM, 98Z5V said:

This is exactly what we do during the summer in Central AZ...   and NO guilt about it...   :laffs:

I know we argue about it every year but I’d take the 98° blast furnace in SD a few weeks ago over this shit. It was 98 at 5pm 70 at 9pm 54 at 4:30am. this shit is like breathing threw a straw all day 

Posted

Yeah, last week got pretty tough towards the end of it. I've been working on a small roof-top mounted boiler system that's used for re-heat coils throughout the small 4 story building. These boilers (2 small Lochinvar's) are mounted and housed inside the equivalent of a 20' trailer with no ventilation except a feeble little 12" exhaust fan. That fuker reminded of the old "Cool hand Luke" movie. Get outta line......spend a night in the box. It got breath taking at time because we were hovering around 95 degrees with well over 90% RH. Oh, and the boilers didn't help anything while maintaining a 140 degree water setpoint.

I FUKING HATE THE DC REGION!

Posted

We're in the flip flop season.  It rains hard and is 75* by end of day. We had some thunder Monday morning that hit so hard my house felt like it decompressed and shut off the power for 30 minutes my generator is awesome!

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

We’ve had 6 or so inches here in the past 2 weeks the first storm brought fall crisp cool mornings, warm afternoons and cold evenings I’m loving it forecast for the next week is sun 65-74° and lows in the high 40’s 

Posted

We're still in a severe drought and the trees have lost their leaves beginning early this year. Some might have died; I'll know more this spring, but Maine reseeds far too prolifically, so losing some is no big deal. But we've had at least 2"+ of rain in the past week due to the NorthEaster and a front that came through. That's not enough to put much more than a small blip in the drought. Our well is in fine shape and I've never been able to pump it down at all even when pumping water all day to sprout grass on an extensive lawn (Thank you ice age!). But not all wells are as good as ours. Some have gone dry but typically they come back when the aquifer recharges.

Today it's deep blue skies, in the 60s for the high temp', and windy. If I remember correctly frost is forecast for tomorrow morning. 40*F when I got up @ 0600 this morning.

The price of oli is high so we're holding off on filling our oil tank, but we have heat pumps (Just thoroughly had them cleaned) and wood heat if it's needed. I don't like to start the wood heat unless it's going to be below 20*F for at least a day, so it'll be the heat pumps.

Posted
4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

We are finally getting some of the rain we've been for casted.  We've almost had an inch so far today.

We are now up to 3.8 inches today.  It has had this effect on our tank.

IMG_20261003_122910.thumb.jpg.d88d6fbab333fb1491c741ae792e494c.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...