• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What non shooting websites and forums do you visit?

imschur

Most of my internet time everyday is devoted to stock market pundits.  I have culled most of the really useless ones.  Along the way I have found some that are good and some whose missives help with my style of investing (Understand that I have very little actual money and am trying to not throw it away).  Also,  in the sense of "Follow the Money,"  much of what is said,  or the links provided,  help me keep track of what is really going on in the world.

Specifically:  "The Reformed Broker;"  "Maple Leaf Memo" and some other daily missives from the company who publishes that;  Agora Financial's "The 5" & "Daily Reckoning" (which require a subscription to one or more of the many newsletters,  but a cheap newsletter is a small price to pay and offers extras of its own);  "Seeking Alpha" is a massive forum:  I concentrate on dividend investing and income investing articles and the comments following them and a daily "Must Read News" that might be called "Morning Briefing"  within SA. 

Every day I get 50 to 80 Emails that I subscribe to because of the above.  When I have time I scroll down through Twitter and scan for new or interesting items with links.  I follow several hundred people & organizations who appear to be in the middle of big media and big stock market.  With very rare exception,  I do not 'Tweet.'

The Saving Grace with all this is that much of it can be deleted almost instantly or ignored.

Please pardon my noise:  'You' did ask?

on 2 tropical fish forums, id say beside hunting this was one of my first hobbies i still take part in.

used to be on a few different sportbike forums got off alot of them, i still sometimes go on one of them that is model specific to the bike i own.

and i just bought a new 4 wheeler so ive been on a polaris site for about 6 months now which could be very closely compared to a gun forum LOL

also on a canon photography forum

Cool I did the fish thing most of my life. What Canon forum?

do you still have anything set up? ive got a 180,125 and a 75 set up bout all i can handle anymore.

im on photography-on-the-net.net, dont post much on there alot of lurking. seems like no matter how prefect a picture seems to me theres someone that will nit pick it. not that i cant take some constructive criticism, but it seems to get alil crazy on there.

nah I gave up the fish about three years ago. I have yet to find a photography forum that was kind to those starting out and with budget gear...hmmm...SNAP... I wonder...

what are you using? i got my first DSLR 3 years ago, i bought a used 30D off ebay with 3 lens's for a pretty damn good price. last winter this time of year i came across a litely used 50D and thats what im shooting with now. mostly do action sports, motorcycle stunts and racing and wildlife. somtimes i wish animals would understand the diference between and gun and camera somtimes LOL

what are you using? i got my first DSLR 3 years ago, i bought a used 30D off *See Site News* with 3 lens's for a pretty damn good price. last winter this time of year i came across a litely used 50D and thats what im shooting with now. mostly do action sports, motorcycle stunts and racing and wildlife. somtimes i wish animals would understand the diference between and gun and camera somtimes LOL

Canon 60D, Nikon D7000 and Nikon D90. I have a Nikon D70 on moth balls

low on the pole here, xti, but i did grab a 75-300 is-f for 400 at circuit city close out.

XTi is a nice camera, good bang for its buck.

Canon 60D, Nikon D7000 and Nikon D90. I have a Nikon D70 on moth balls

i dont know nikon well but 60D really isnt low budget:D

like i said ive got a 50D with a canon 50mm, sigma 20mm wide angle, canon 28-135, and tokina 80-400 AKA magnum PI LOL