• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

burris 3x magnifier-$70

blue109

In a moment of guilt and honest admission, I must confess this to you guys.

Before I ordered, I called a friend of mine that was asking me about magnification for his EOTech and Primary Arms mini red dot.  We talked about this weeks ago.  He said he'd look at the website.  I went ahead to order, and found out that shipping to me was $16.  I called him back after checking on the shipping for two (it was $2 more for the two)...

I actually ordered two of them...  <dontknow> <lmao>

came in today. quick pic. mounted it with a burris XTR ring i had. the eye relief is pretty bad. if i want to keep the rear bus mounted im literally nose to CH to get a good sight picture. other than that it feels really well built and solid. heavier than i expected it to be. very clear. my ring mounts it a bit low, but it has the alignment screws so i still got the dot dead center. ive never used any other magnifier to compare it to, but it seems like a good piece of equipment. theres no way id spend $500 on a aimpoint or eotech 3x setup, and doubt i would have spent $200 on this, but for $70 i kinda wish i bought 2.

SNC00761.jpg?gl=US

You have an extended charging handle so you should be able put your MBUS back another notch or two, and still function your rifle. It'll hang over the back a bit, but the magnifier will protect it from accidental whacks. It might give you an inch back on your eye relief.

Eventually you might want to consider a flip-to-side mount for that x3. Otherwise you are going to be constantly taking the thing on and off to transition.

Nice looking combo!

i was waiting to try it out before deciding if i wanted a dedicated mount for it. i always figured if i wanted magnification id just put a scope back on. as it turns out i kinda dig the 3x and will be keeping it. will most likely leave it off the rifle most of the time though as im not a big fan of the clutter.