• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LLArms

Ok - I play devils advocate. Any particular reason you did not want to go with something like vB?

If its a cost thing, maybe we could see about changing that in the near future.

I have been doing this for a long time and have either ran or adminstrated just about every piece of forum software out there.  I'm always looking for something "Better".

VB4 is a pile of pooh. They are under new ownership and the new ownership has a different philosophy than the creators. Folks on earlier versions are refusing to upgrade. Search Google for conversions from VB4 to just about anything else. It's pretty interesting.

I considered all options regardless of cost before moving to the new server. At the end of the day while not perfect SMF was at the top with another software. It simply makes no sense to change at this time.

I actually hope VB gets their shit together again one day.

Thanks!

Guest LLArms

OK - was just curious. For the record I've never been an admin of any forum. My question was strictly based on what I see as the 'norm' (for lack of a better description).  I mean aside from the avatar issue, can't say I've seen any other hiccups!  :)

Guest LLArms

What are the differences between this software and say, vB? (or any other commonly used systems)

As a user they all function the same to me, click button, type words, click button again and like magic there are my words along with other peoples words!  :o <laughs>

If you had to give a comparison in dumbass lingo (to me for example!) what would you explain?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...