• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Welcome Slash's Heavy Buffers

imschur

• 2 months later...

I've done extensive testing with various buffer springs for both .223 and .308.  The flat wire springs did not perform well.  Spring rate, set, and service life are all poor compared to most other buffer springs, even cheap OEM units.  The term 'Snake Oil" comes to mind.  ;)

I recommend Wolff XP springs for all .223 applications and ArmaLite AR10 springs for all .308s.  Several spring manufacturers have contacted me about carrying their products. Some offered their wares at substantially lower cost (and therefore higher profit potential) than Wolff.  I declined because I want to sell the best, not the cheapest.  My customers deserve no less.

Several DPMS owners have contacted me after they received their orders.  They were convinced that I'd sent the wrong spring because operating the CH required significantly more force.  My response - "That's because the ArmaLite springs are significantly better."  :) 

• 3 years later...