• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

TV: American Guns (Discovery Channel)

Picture-352.png

Did anyone see this episode? Did you hear the $10k price tag he put on the AR10 with a few JP and Magpul parts and a mediocre paint job? How do I get into this business?

If I gave someone $10k for a competition rifle, and he handed me that rifle, I hope he saved some of that money for his upcoming dental bill.

Tell Niki Jones, from the TX women's shooting team "Sure Shots", to call me. I'll charge her half that, and give her twice as much rifle. I hate to see people taken advantage of. I truly hope that price tag was for TV purposes, and that the real price was MUCH lower.

Here are the few pictures that I took while I was there. This is the new gril that they just unloaded... just remember, you saw it here first...  <laughs>

2012-05-09_17-09-20_170.jpg

[img width=810 height=454]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/mrraley/firearms%20stuff/2012-05-09_17-05-45_584.jpg

[img width=810 height=457]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/mrraley/firearms%20stuff/2012-05-09_17-06-13_709.jpg

[img width=810 height=454]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/mrraley/firearms%20stuff/2012-05-09_17-10-26_413.jpg

How much of that price was the grenade launcher though?

Spike's Tactical ST 12" 37mm Launcher

STH1210.jpg

$299.95

The 37mm STZ-Havoc Flare Launcher features the latest in design and manufacturing technology. Parts are CAD designed and CNC machined from solid billet material rather than the typical stamped and welded construction of other launchers. The 6061 T-6 aircraft grade aluminum components are anodized in a non-glare matte black finishing for maximum durability and ease of maintenance.

Additional components are built from 1018 cold rolled steel and plated with a mil-spec black oxide finish. The proprietary STZ push button cylindrical breech lock design is 3 times stronger than existing lever lock systems. The Havoc is designed to mount on any mil spec rail system. Installation simply requires sliding the launcher onto the bottom rail of the handguard and tightening two set screws which are included.

NOTE: Shown with adapters available seperately.

Features

Slide-forward Breach Loading Design

Push-button Breach Lock

One-piece Tube & Grip

Supports 5 3/4" USCG Munitions

Compatible with 7" and longer rail systems

Watched the show a few times. It leaves me cold. There are better things to do (clean the coils on the 'fridge, get a root canal.)

Agreed I've maybe watched one full episode, and I think I'd rather smash myself in the face with a tire iron.......

Makes me wonder what Armalite has to say about this episode. Nothing bad to say about AR308's, but this was billed as an AR10 and it was an AR308. I think they need some schooling on what they put on the airwaves before they claim their "professionalism".......

Just my 2¢.........

Makes me wonder what Armalite has to say about this episode. Nothing bad to say about AR308's, but this was billed as an AR10 and it was an AR308. I think they need some schooling on what they put on the airwaves before they claim their "professionalism".......

Just my 2¢.........

You know I had similar feelings. Just purpetuating ignorance. They may like the free "advertising" but be upset with the price!