• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

hey Mrmac      hows the green mountain doing for ya?  you getting used to it yet?

heres what ya need for the gmg....its a frog mat      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Mountain-Grill-BBQ-Grilling-Mat-GMG-Frogmat-Small-Non-Stick-GMG-4019/252355836753?epid=1465943911&hash=item3ac1947b51%3Ag%3Ar78AAOSwiYFXGQ5o%3Asc%3AUSPSFirstClass!75252!US!-1&_nkw=frogmat&rt=nc      Wash

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Davy Crockett is really doing a good job, it is small but with just the 2.1 of us (2 adult homo sapiens and 1 WB Chihuahua). It is about good.

I do have 2 electric smokers and a Char Broil gas grill for a large gathering of hungary folks. I haven't used the WI-FI haven't been able to software for the Kindle Fire (sorry ass Google Store won't allow non Google device access)  guess I'll have to connect my smart phone.

Maybe if Green Mountain gets enough requests they would make their software available TO Kindle users.

Edited by mrmackc

23 hours ago, mrmackc said:

The Davy Crockett is really doing a good job, it is small but with just the 2.1 of us (2 adult homo sapiens and 1 WB Chihuahua). It is about good.

I do have 2 electric smokers and a Char Broil gas grill for a large gathering of hungary folks. I haven't used the WI-FI haven't been able to software for the Kindle Fire (sorry ass Google Store won't allow non Google device access)  guess I'll have to connect my smart phone.

Maybe if Green Mountain gets enough requests they would make their software available TO Kindle users.

I sent this email to GMG:

I am more than disappointed that I can’t use the WIFI on my new Davy Crockett pellet smoker grill.  Google screws all of us that have other brands of computers. GMG needs to develop some way for the other 80% of grill owners that don’t suck up and use Google, or smart phones (Data use costs too much on AT&T)  Come on Green Mountain you are better than this!

We need an app that we that are not nerds can use on Windows 10 or Kindle Fire.

1 minute ago, mrmackc said:

I sent this email to GMG:

I am more than disappointed that I can’t use the WIFI on my new Davy Crockett pellet smoker grill.  Google screws all of us that have other brands of computers. GMG needs to develop some way for the other 80% of grill owners that don’t suck up and use Google, or smart phones (Data use costs too much on AT&T)  Come on Green Mountain you are better than this!

We need an app that we that are not nerds can use on Windows 10 or Kindle Fire.

Got this back:

Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply

Re: WIFI on Kindle Fire

Green Mountain Grills  |  Jul 30, 2018 08:04AM PDT
Thank you for submitting your request. We have received your request and are working on responding to you as soon as possible. If you have any additional information to add to this case, please reply to this email.

Useful links:
Helpful Videos
New Grill Owners Page

Thanks in advance for your patience and support.

This message was sent to mrmackc@msn.com in reference to Case #220987.

Mrmack..... If you have a home wifi with a wireless router and internet... Your gmg wireless will work point to point... As a matter of fact you must set up ur gmg wfi point to point first.... And ur phone would be on the wireless network too... Isn't it?  You need to set up the gmg get it to show up on ur wireless net work. If u don't have wireless network u can't use gmg wifi... If you have wireless network with a router ur missing something. It will work point to point. Look at ur gmg phone app and go to tutorial on setting it up. WASH

20 minutes ago, washguy said:

Mrmack..... If you have a home wifi with a wireless router and internet... Your gmg wireless will work point to point... As a matter of fact you must set up ur gmg wfi point to point first.... And ur phone would be on the wireless network too... Isn't it?  You need to set up the gmg get it to show up on ur wireless net work. If u don't have wireless network u can't use gmg wifi... If you have wireless network with a router ur missing something. It will work point to point. Look at ur gmg phone app and go to tutorial on setting it up. WASH

But he wants the app on the kindle and there isn’t one, that’s what I’ve got from his post

20 minutes ago, shepp said:

But he wants the app on the kindle and there isn’t one, that’s what I’ve got from his post

On his kindle ?  the old fart  cant even read.....whats he doing with a kindle?    He is really meaning his candle...right?   :laffs:  Wash

Getting ready for my Food Coma, brothers...   :thumbup:

Pork tenderloins...  Salt for 45-ish/side, LaRue Dillo Dust...

P1060599.JPG.c969eccafeffcf966a2fccf2bbb81463.JPG

P1060600.thumb.JPG.6712c6e4e71d0c76ddeab4c15c264949.JPG

French cut green beans, drained, 1/2 stick butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Simmer, then sear.  Cheddar broccoli noodles.  Chow time, then nap time.

P1060601.thumb.JPG.341d5b296fe295eab3f8d9799d5294d8.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Last night it was Death Dust.. wings.... And drummies.... I went super heavy on the dust just to see if I could handle it.. Daaamn that stuff is good.... It was burning in my gut.... ? Wash

20180729_184803.jpg

I love it butt man the next day is hell, I really like cutting it with a sweeter rub so you get that sweet heat. I just put an order in to oak ridge I got the Carne Crosta steak house rub, damn that’s tasty

3 hours ago, shepp said:

That is right I want an app that works on a Kindle Fire I have a home network with a router, and modem on DSL. I don't use a smart phone the minutes and data are too much because I don't have decent cell coverage. We use Tracfones when we are on the road. Never run out of minutes on them. We have six Kindle Fires on WI-FI.  Reckon I can connect a Fire thru the WI-FI without a app? I'll see

I just don't want to see Google and Apple products running any part of my life or business

Edited by mrmackc

3 hours ago, washguy said:

On his kindle ?  the old fart  cant even read.....whats he doing with a kindle?    He is really meaning his candle...right?   :laffs:  Wash

Wash you old center of uranus:

I will have you know I am fluent in four languages.

English, Math,Texican  and Pig Latin. 

Edited by mrmackc

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

That is right I want an app that works on a Kindle Fire I have a home network with a router, and modem on DSL. I don't use a smart phone the minutes and data are too much because I don't have decent cell coverage. We use Tracfones when we are on the road. Never run out of minutes on them. We have six Kindle Fires on WI-FI.  Reckon I can connect a Fire thru the WI-FI without a app? I'll see

I just don't want to see Google and Apple products running any part of my life or business

No you need the app

Mrmack        Wash you old center of uranus:

English, Math,Texican  and Pig Latin        We speak the same language   lol

Lemme splain    you wont use one stinkin second of cell time im pretty damn sure......  So heres what you do...cause gmg aint gonna blow on your candle   :laffs:

have your cell on of course and go to settings then wifi....have wifi turned on .... scan if its turned on of course....so you will see what alls on the wifi/router  YOUR GMG must be plugged in and on or off... on is the best setting not running just power on ...wifi network    if you do what the gmg app sez and go thru the set up point to point...you will see the gmg right there on your wifi network if you have followed the set up instructions....it will want your password and then theres the gmg password its there on the grill on the front faceplate at bottom. its your serial number...BUT you have to set it up following the instructions right there on your phone app for green mountain.......once you do that the gmg will be right there on your cell  it will show up when you connect to the gmg on your wifi..YOU are not using any time nor any data....cause you are communicating on your wifi network....actually when you are in point to point it wont allow you to use internet on your phone.....you will have no charges in call time or text or data...nada...you are just talking to it on your own private network via your router....so you have to have the gmg app in your phone..right?  you see you are not going to use cell services .so it don't matter bout the weak cell connection...you aint using cell...you be using your wifi.....you MUST update your firmware like it sez to do...but first lets get connected..... try to coneect....open gmg...go to bottom of the app...settings..hit that....then under settings hit app support....then you see tutorials....that's a second semester word for how to?   hit connect point to point how to..... it will tell you to look at your wifi and the gmg will be there like I said...use  serial number for the passwoerd.......so have your grill plugged in and after you have entered serial number....close down the tutorial...open app and in the left upper hit connect and power on and there ya go....you aint using no cell time or data or signal strength of cell don't make a crap....the app ,the router ,and the gmg are the only things connected...there aint no effin google no nuthin.......its point to point that's all you need......  then you can set temps and monitor temps and such    :thumbup:   Wash

gmg 003.JPG     you do have the gmg app loaded on from app store right?

gmg 002.JPG

gmg 001.JPG

Edited by washguy

1 minute ago, shepp said:

@washguy he’s saying he don’t have a smart phone?!? Who knew I could translate for a couple Texans 

:laffs::lmao:    No crap?     he don't got no smart phone fukkin A    what is it then a Gibbs NCIS flip phone?   we speak 4 languages and you gotta interpalate ?   :laffs:

Im  duty bound...sorry Mrmack...I gotta have gmg come pick up your smoker.....ive already got a call from them asking me if I knew you?   hey what about an ipad? ...well geeez get you a cane pole drill out a hole in your window and use the cane pole to push the buttons....   :banana:   Wash

28 minutes ago, washguy said:

Mrmack        Wash you old center of uranus:

English, Math,Texican  and Pig Latin        We speak the same language   lol

Lemme splain    you wont use one stinkin second of cell time im pretty damn sure......  So heres what you do...cause gmg aint gonna blow on your candle   :laffs:

have your cell on of course and go to settings then wifi....have wifi turned on .... scan if its turned on of course....so you will see what alls on the wifi/router  YOUR GMG must be plugged in and on or off... on is the best setting not running just power on ...wifi network    if you do what the gmg app sez and go thru the set up point to point...you will see the gmg right there on your wifi network if you have followed the set up instructions....it will want your password and then theres the gmg password its there on the grill on the front faceplate at bottom. its your serial number...BUT you have to set it up following the instructions right there on your phone app for green mountain.......once you do that the gmg will be right there on your cell  it will show up when you connect to the gmg on your wifi..YOU are not using any time nor any data....cause you are communicating on your wifi network....actually when you are in point to point it wont allow you to use internet on your phone.....you will have no charges in call time or text or data...nada...you are just talking to it on your own private network via your router....so you have to have the gmg app in your phone..right?  you see you are not going to use cell services .so it don't matter bout the weak cell connection...you aint using cell...you be using your wifi.....you MUST update your firmware like it sez to do...but first lets get connected..... try to coneect....open gmg...go to bottom of the app...settings..hit that....then under settings hit app support....then you see tutorials....that's a second semester word for how to?   hit connect point to point how to..... it will tell you to look at your wifi and the gmg will be there like I said...use  serial number for the passwoerd.......so have your grill plugged in and after you have entered serial number....close down the tutorial...open app and in the left upper hit connect and power on and there ya go....you aint using no cell time or data or signal strength of cell don't make a crap....the app ,the router ,and the gmg are the only things connected...there aint no effin google no nuthin.......its point to point that's all you need......  then you can set temps and monitor temps and such    :thumbup:   Wash

gmg 003.JPG     you do have the gmg app loaded on from app store right?

gmg 002.JPG

gmg 001.JPG

Wash, for once and for all...I don't have a damn cell phone that is activated that will do apps! I ain't gonna get one either!  I don't text or any of that B.S. I have a computer, actually I have 4 computers, two desk tops and two laptops. Piss on it, I will get my grandson to write me an app for my Kindle Fire (CANDLE).

1 hour ago, shepp said:

You know amazon is just as bad if now worse on tracking your info right?

Get you a VPN service... 3.00 a month will protect all your stuff from your pc to your cell phone... . VPN stops all that crap and more... Its a must have....I like NORD. for my VPN. . Wash

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic