imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have them do the tenderloin cut, my least favorite steak, but I have a ton of T-Bones and Ribeyes. I checked to see if anymore were available, and she said not until next year. I order in April, and she has to set it up then. They used to do "belted" which they raised themselves(4H, etc.,) but now she has a single steer farm she works with. I will follow up with her next spring. Price went up to $3 a pound butchered.

I don't have them do the tenderloin cut, my least favorite steak, but I have a ton of T-Bones and Ribeyes. I checked to see if anymore were available, and she said not until next year. I order in April, and she has to set it up then. They used to do "belted" which they raised themselves(4H, etc.,) but now she has a single steer farm she works with. I will follow up with her next spring. Price went up to $3 a pound butchered.

daaamn...you cant get yardbird for 3 bucks a pound    Wash

• 1 month later...

Hey Shepp throw in some Kingston self lighting brickettes fire them up and turn op the air they will clean up to powdery gray ash and you can blow them out.

good call sir!!! Thru 4-5 briquettes in there lit then up let them go out and put the top on 95% the shit fell off the lid is still alittle hunky but the chamber is clean!! 

actually it cooled and I was able to scrap most the poop off 

am I doing somthing wrong that's it's junking up like that??

No, You aren't doing anything wrong that is normal when wood chunks are burned to produce smoke and you just have to live with the residue depending on how green the wood is and you are able to get cool smoke. Don't do that in your fireplace, (burn wood in a low air situation) the house will burn down from a chimney fire when you later build a good hot fire.

actually it cooled and I was able to scrape most the poop off 

am I doing somthing wrong that's it's junking up like that??

shepp ...nope the smoke daddy will do it...but mine doesnt cause im running air to the bottom and thru the pitot tube with my pump....if I remember correctly you got one or two holes in the bottom to draw air in?.....you could put another hole in the bottom to let the chips burn a lil better....my pot and lid doesnt creosote up cause i got pump air running to the bottom    Wash

• 2 weeks later...

incase any of you were courious what to get me for Christmas 
http://www.olehickorypits.com/mobhome

You know they're expensive when they don't list a price on their own sight, it says "call for pricing"

http://sleequipment.com/ole-hickory-pits-model-cto-dw.html?gclid=CNyOo8PtsckCFRApaQodUNwENA

Edited by shepp

Post this under " Forgetful cook" I got some nice short ribs out, thought I would sear them on the grill, then slow cook them in the oven for about three hours. Got them on the grill, all hell broke loose and remembered them an hour and a half later. Don't they look good?!

image.jpeg

Post this under " Forgetful cook" I got some nice short ribs out, thought I would sear them on the grill, then slow cook them in the oven for about three hours. Got them on the grill, all hell broke loose and remembered them an hour and a half later. Don't they look good?!

image.jpeg

damn dude!!! Makes you feel better I have this 40 gal trash can in the basement I treat water in for my fish tanks, bout once every 6 months I walk away and forget about it, needless to say my basement floor gets washed regularly

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic