• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Project Pinky"

98Z5V

Where did you get the pink buttstock ?

There's a new(er) company out there called Damage Industries, that introduced that exact style of stock sometime several months ago - it's very similar in design to the LMT SOPMOD and the B5 Systems SOPMOD.  I could have swore that they unveiled the pink one, and I was hunting high and low for it.  Turns out that they don't do a pink one, and this is actually from a company called Tactical Intent.  These TI folks are molders, so I'm kinda thinking the connection in the similarity of the Tac Intent and Damage Industries hardware is more than coincidence.  <dontknow>

The whole furniture kit came from them - buttstock, handgrip, rail panels.  <thumbsup>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock River makes pink stocks also, their Operator CAR stock is good.

Keep in mind, though, that one only comes in commercial-size (receiver extension), and won't fit a milspec-size extension.  It would go on there, but it would be rattling and sloppy-fitting.  If you're okay with the commercial-size extensions, then that one's an option for people.  <thumbsup>

Diameters are only different because of how they either cut or form the threads. 1.14" O.D. on the milspec, with formed threads. 1.17" O.D. on the commercial, with cut threads.

Determine which one is better for you, based on that.  I run the milspec extensions, only.  The pic below will give a better explanation - can't remember where or who I swiped it from, or I'd give them praise for their time in making the graphic, and the clarity of the explanation.  Good stuff.  <thumbsup>

post-71-136297278056_thumb.png

I prefer the commercial extensions because they have more adjustment positions.

You can get 5 and 6-position milspec tubes, now.  VLTOR is the only maker of a milspec 5-position tube, as far as I know.  There's lots of makers for the 6-position tube, though.

Wow night and day difference :o mil tube has more meat on the threads as that can be a weak link and possible break point.Thanks for the insight brother. <thumbsup>

Just how many here have broken a Commercial receiver extension ?

Not INTERNET babble or Joe blow said he knew some one .

I also prefer the mil spec ,but will use commercial where I think its needed.

I have a Mil spec one, with the commercial cut threads & the angled back , so watch what you are buying . I just noticed it the other day & not sure where I got it , but will use it , no problem.

Here's some bent/broken ones - that's enough convincing for me.  I have one commercial extension left, and it's on a light-use rifle.  I'd have gotten rid of it long ago if there wasn't a CTR stock on it.  If it breaks, the CTR gets sold, and I'll pick up a milspec-sized one. 

post-71-136297278083_thumb.jpg

post-71-136297278085_thumb.jpg

post-71-136297278087_thumb.jpg

Shoulda seen me in my ATV racing days, brother - I bent "unbendable" parts, broke "unbreakable" parts, and shattered "indestructible" parts...  with a quickness.  <lmao>  I'd call manufacturers with "lifetime warranty" honor requests, and they'd have me send pics before sending the parts in for warranty - they wanted to see what I was talking about before "throwing away shipping money." 

All that stuff got replaced, too.  Free.  :o

I can tear some poop up...  <thumbsup> <laughs>

On another note, almost in a "back on track" way...  I might be shooting Project Pinky on Monday - it's all up to the delivery companies right now, and everything is on the way...  <dontknow>  The one thing that worries me is whether the rail will get here on Monday - I might have to switch days off work, and take Tuesday off instead.  Stay tuned...  <munch>

Here's some bent/broken ones - that's enough convincing for me.  I have one commercial extension left, and it's on a light-use rifle.  I'd have gotten rid of it long ago if there wasn't a CTR stock on it.  If it breaks, the CTR gets sold, and I'll pick up a milspec-sized one.

So , you are saying you never broke or bent a Mil spec one ? There is more to bending one or breaking one than the way they are made & also who made it .

I have been around AR's for over thirty years & have never seen a broken or bent one . Not that it can't be done ( your an animal 98  <laughs>)

As said I also prefer the mil spec , if for any reason,  they seem to fit the lower receiver threads better.

So , you are saying you never broke or bent a Mil spec one ? There is more to bending one or breaking one than the way they are made & also who made it .

I have been around AR's for over thirty years & have never seen a broken or bent one . Not that it can't be done ( your an animal 98  <laughs>)

As said I also prefer the mil spec , if for any reason,  they seem to fit the lower receiver threads better.

Remember the drop test !

So , you are saying you never broke or bent a Mil spec one ?

No way, brother - I had an issued M4A1 for 10 years - broke two Colt receiver extensions throughout that poor weapons life.  That poop happens. 

Those commercial extension pics I posted above aren't mine - I snagged those from the 'net, as an example of broken commercial extensions.  I have my fair share of those under my belt, also, from my own weapons. 

I can tell you, of the commercial extensions I've wrecked, they were taking alot less abuse than the Colt extensions I broke.  <thumbsup>

It's not so much the lack of opportunity that held me back. I knew both my parents, thus I was disqualified from ever becoming a Ranger :)

<laughs>  Laugh now, Funny Boy...  I have Size 11 slippers getting delivered next week...  <lmao>