• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Project Pinky"

98Z5V

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, that mag has got to go pink . Doesn't look right hanging there with out some color .

The mags will get it!  <thumbsup>  Waiting on pink Cerakote, so it matches the selector levers.  I'll set up about 3 of the old issue mags I've got, that already have Magpul followers and floorplates.  ;D

I went to the range today, and I almost took this rifle with me.  I was gonna shoot it off a shooting block, right under the FSB.  No handguard or rail at all.  At the last minute, I figured I'd wait until Tuesday morning to shoot it, counting on that rail showing up tomorrow. 

Took a Walther P22 pistol, the 18" Mk12 Mod 0 SPR, and the 14.5" billet 5.56 gun for some more practice against the shot timer.  That SPR is nuts. 

Greg, 1st shot hits on the longest two targets.  No wind today.  :o <thumbsup>

I don't know how much of ME it was, over the scope - the Nikon P-223 is set up for 55gr, and I was shooting some old 55gr Federal XM193.  No wind helped, but the bubbles in the reticle were dead-nutz on.  <thumbsup>

I wasn't "shaky" today, either...  <laughs>

Borrowed a laser range finder from a guy today, too - that poop lasered at 525 and 575, right on... 

FINISHED!  Well, almost... 

Here's how everything went down.  There's a very specific reason for this build.  However, my buddy's little sister is visiting for the summer - she's 16, by the way, so leave the comments inside your mellon, and not on the board...  You know where I'm going.  I'm just sayin'...  :bat:

At any rate, I've converted my buddy to a full-on BRD cannibal - it's so bad, his wife has BRD now, and she's quite the Pistolero these days.  Well, when his Mom and sister come into town, they've been converted, as well - we always hit the rage a few times each visit. 

His little sister obviously noticed the pink parts showing up, and she immediately "possessed" the rifle as "hers."  It's "hers" now.  They were flying back to NC on Tuesday, and I was already in receipt of all my parts orders, minus that one thing - the rail.  Turns out, the rail was going to be delivered on Tuesday...  Problem...  :o

Katie was convinced that she was going to shoot this thing, so we went to the range with it "unfinished."  It was fully shoot-able without a handguard, off a rest, so we took the thing out and shot it Tuesday morning at 8am.  I had to get her back to the house with enough time to "scrub the gunshot residue" off...    <laughs>  ...and still leave for the airport, by 11:30...  <lmao>

Honestly, she's an awesome kid, and this was my evil plan to keep her here for the rest of the summer.  If she missed that flight because of a "swab test for explosives," she would have been here in AZ for a hell of a long time...  ;D  "Mom" didn't think this was a good plan...  <dontknow>

We shot it, zeroed iron sights, zeroed the red dot, all without the handguard at all...  Pics below.  Final "insult to injury" was that the rail arrived RIGHT when they were leaving for the airport...  <lmao>

post-71-136297278202_thumb.jpg

post-71-136297278211_thumb.jpg

post-71-13629727822_thumb.jpg