• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Project Pinky"

98Z5V

It's on...  ;D <thumbsup>

I've been wanting to do this for a LONG time, for one specific purpose.  Range Loaner, when friends come visit.  It seems like someone I know is passing through town about every three months, and this will be the ultimate range gun that others can shoot, during those times.  <laughs>

PINK AR.

I always thought about doing it, and now I'm under a Build-Time-Crunch, especially with the parts availability this year (election year).  Honestly, as soon as Roger at Battle Arms introduced the PINK Cerakote BAD-ASS, that really kicked the "drive" for the project into high gear on the "want list." 

Thanks alot, Roger...  <thumbsup> <lmao>

After outfitting most of my rifles with the BAD-ASSes, amongst other never-ending projects, I decided to do my most recent self-group-purchase and include The Pinky.  Somehow, it found itself into the parts container - ever so shortly...

100_0436.jpg

It didn't take long to find it's way into one of the lowers in the "stash" - these things keep multiplying.  :o

100_0439.jpg

Apparently, I had too many lowers, and not enough uppers, so I ordered some more parts.  I'm not really sure what happened in the ordering frenzy, but the uppers showed up today, along with a 16" midlength A2-profile barrel...  <dontknow>

100_0444.jpg

There's some pretty sweet parts showing up in the next week, so we'll just have to see where this all goes. 

100_0445.jpg

One thing is FOR CERTAIN...  This will be a shooter in just a few more weeks.

That means it WILL DEFINITELY be ready for some upcoming shenanigans in October...  <munch>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some really BRIGHT PINK stuff on the way - not the average parts that everyone sees.  Honestly, the stuff is nice enough that I'm thinking of going out to the local competitions and shooting it - just so some people get beat "by the guy with the PINK GUN..."  <lmao> <laughs>

A Geissele S3G trigger is probably in order here.  This is gonna be a sweet - but pink - build...  ;D

I know for a fact that there's one certain member of this board that's thinking "Aaaaaahhh poop!" right now - and he's reading this topic right now...    <lmao> <laughs>

(I saw you in here, Rob...  :o ;D)

Dont laugh too much ! I will be doing a pink and a purple ar this year . For my daughters when they graduate from ASU. Based on Sun Devil upper/lower matched sets. and pistol grip and buttstock from that company that use to make carbon AR's in Mesa. I can get the matched sets for $309 each. Young BCG and Quad rail. Should be a pretty good gun. Just wonder what kind of looks I get when I am test firing it at the range.

Oh yeah I have access to those pink glasses too ! <lmao>

And a pink "The Gun Store hat." But the Charlie Sheen bunny slippers wont cut it . :cookoo:

post-851-136297277675_thumb.jpg

post-851-136297277676_thumb.jpg

We've gone far beyond some Hogue Overmold with this one.  This will be a freefloat rail, mini red dot, fixed front sight - but smaller front sight post,...  This one might get the S3G trigger, too.  I'm seriously thinking about running this in some local shooting comps...  :o <lmao>

Progression continues...  it's probably gonna be finished in about another week...  <thumbsup>

post-71-136297278052_thumb.jpg