• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I Call This One Tom

imschur

You are a bad man, Drew.  Just tossin' that one out there...  I can't believe how much I get blamed for here...  I'm innocent...  <dontknow>

I'm betting it's one of the pistol-cal rigs - since I built one, you have to go out and build TWO...  :o  I know you let it slip that you were doing a .45 ACP AR, and right on the heels of that one, you were talking about the 9mm AR...  <lmao>

That's a sickness, brother, a sickness...  True affliction...  <laughs>

I started mine off one of these, brother - just sayin'...  <thumbsup> <laughs>

http://olyarms.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v8.tpl&product_id=101&category_id=76&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

16__10mm_Upper_C_4e1c814286e5a.jpg

Once you shoot this thing, brother, YOU ARE DOOMED.  You might as well build one and just bring it with you...  <lmao>

45smaller.jpg

It has a red dot now, too...  <thumbsup>

ok it is my .45 OA AR15. It's configured a little different than Tom's. Same color though. Tomorrow if i can leave work at a normal hour I will fill out the paperwork for my .45  YHM Wraith.

Thought I would have pictures by now. My day job has other ideas

Brother Drew does it seem that after the first suppersor,the other ones come a little quicker? <dontknow> Since they got your info and all. <dontknow>

nope, if anything the process is even slower now hat more folks are becoming aware that ownership is legal.

So the .45 AR is done. It turned out to be a ball buster in a way I would not have imagined. The OA upper did not fit the old OA stop sign lower. The lower did not have the enlarged relief area that most lowers have. That combined with other things would not allow the upper to  fit fully rear and also prevented the pin holes from aligning. I had to carefully enlarge the lower, radius the edges of the ear with the take down pin hole in the upper as well as enlarge both pin holes in the upper by about .020. Still a very tight fit.

Today I used some Alumahyde II where I enlarged the lower. It looks perfect. If it was a perfect color match it would be undetectable. The stop sign lower is a bit shiny though.

The YHM QD flash hider for the Wraith is ugly as hell but installed. Mailing off the form 4 for the can tomorrow.

One thing that surprised me is the weight. The .45 bore leads to one helluva light weight weapon.

I just need to get some BUIS and I want a fixed 3x-4x optic.

Glad you were able to iron it out.

My choice for a sub caliber carbine would also be an AR in .45.

Photos are required.

Been trying to get to that. Unfortunately FS2KSTD helped me get three point five projects done this past week and now I need to do a photo marathon. It's official he is worse for me than you and 98Z5V combined