• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

can some one explain the overgas brass at 1 2 3 oclock

Magwa

No i had not seen that graph mine is ejecting at about 2.30 to 3.00 so it is close.so a heavier buffer I will weigh mine.. thanks very cool stuff love the left handed version lol

Yes, a slightly heavier buffer or even a better buffer spring will do you well. An Armalite AR10 spring is an inexpensive upgrade from the standard LR308 spring, and fully compatible.

Ok my DPMS carbine buffer is 2and 1/2 inches long and weighs 3.80 OZ i looked at the armalite and it is 3 and 1/2 inches long and weighs 5and 1/4 oz so would i be better off with the armaliteas it is a bit heavier?? thanks as always

I think every one reads too much into the ejection patterns of these rifles , but there are instances that the ejection pattern reads some thing .

5159_.pdf

Ok my DPMS carbine buffer is 2and 1/2 inches long and weighs 3.80 OZ i looked at the armalite and it is 3 and 1/2 inches long and weighs 5and 1/4 oz so would i be better off with the armaliteas it is a bit heavier?? thanks as always

Hey Mag !  If your ejecting  where you say ...leave it alone...read less...shoot more  <laughs> ....if you wanna play around with cycle rates..you can get a slash's heavy buffer...he's a sponsor here.  folks say his buffer does the trick for them...you can also get a Tubb's flatwire buffer spring.... I have two of them and they work well for me using the stock buffer..... you cant just go sticking different weights of buffers in the tubes...the length has to be considered too...."see where your dpms buffer is a different length from the arma lite buffer?    :)  Wash

...read less...shoot more  <laughs>

<lmao>

Sounds like me getting on WebMD.  "C'mon Honey...just see if that freckle under my scrotum has changed shape/color!"

I think she amended my life insurance to be doubled if I die "...in the nude, falling off the bathroom counter with a mirror in his hand."

Jon

Definitely DO NOT use a buffer that is longer than what you already have - it's not gonna work.

Do you have any damage to your ejected brass?

No damage to brass just a scratch on the rim where it was grabbed by the ejector and that is a small scratch soooooooooooo i think my best bet is to leave it all alone I have no FTF or FTE and it is accurate so i am good till something says different  I thank you all for the education on this subject.. :)

I never really care where my brass goes, as long as it's out of my way, ejects every time, locks back on an empty mag, and doesn't beat the hell out of the brass.  I could care less where it lands, as long as it fits the stuff in the above statement.  <thumbsup>