• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

There's some Hell-Raisin' coming up soon...

98Z5V

More firearms on a table than TPD SWAT has...and that was just Tom's table!  <lmao>

I know somebody's gotta have pics, that was there - post those things up!  <laughs>

The most interesting part of the shoot was when Rob gave Sig P220 pistol operational demonstration to the military boys. Everyone was watching and paying complete attention the whole time, group of maybe 20+ free lessons. One of the guys said while looking at Tom's table, "They got better stuff then we do !"

That part was cracking me up...  <lmao>

Went back out to the Cowboy Shoot today, for the awards ceremony.  Greg picked up a bunch of raffle tickets the other day, for the Dillon RL550B setup they were giving away.  Didn't win it, but the awards ceremony was hilarious!  <thumbsup>  I picked up a Mernickle holster for the Kimber Tac Pro II, and got a great big hug from Sherrie Mernickle herself!  AWESOME!  :love4:  I also dropped off the Desert Warrior to a custom grip maker.  Having a set of Box Elder grips handmade, from a SWEET block of wood I picked out.  It'll take about 6 weeks, but pics will be up immediately when I pick it up. 

Here's the holster I nabbed - only paid $60 for it, too.  <thumbsup>

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps6r18.html

PS6REF18.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The trip that won't stop..."    <lmao>

Greg, though trapped in NC, had another adventure today - I'll have to get him on here to talk about it.  From the description, it was a damn great day for him, and the LaRue... 

Updated already in the Hurricane Sandy thread.  <thumbsup>

I have confirmation that Greg made it home.  He has some stuff coming up Friday morning, for work, but I'm pretty sure that he'll be posting up some pics and video of this trip after that...  <thumbsup>

Which is WAY better than the other slackers that have pics and video of this trip, that I KNOW they took.  Nothing, of the picture and video-snatchers, has been posted yet, and that's about piss-poor.  :bitchslap:

I can think of two people that were there, took pics, and they haven't posted poop yet.  I won't name any names, but I bet Mikedaddy and Jon know who they were, also...  <dontknow> <munch>

some links to my you tube channel which i loaded my videos, some are taken with my cell, in dry canyon, with Tom and I doing some drills ( not our best ones, but we wanted some video of it) and us shooting tannerite, both for the first time. His was a single then we got brave and did a double, which I shot. Audio doesn't do it justice, especially the double echoing off the canyon walls

now we have some from my camera, slide fire, Tom on larue, Heather on Savage, Rob's wife Jen on the 9mm ar, and Rob on pinky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCIOid4tOM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kYv3BItCBo&feature=plcp

Very cool the mountains in the background looked bueatiful.It was nice to see the faces to the men that post and there better halfs <lmao> <laughs>.It was a real pleasure to finally speak to Tom as I had the pleasure of speaking with Greg before that.That looked like alot of fun,guess I should post a pic of myself but I don't want to scare the peeps :eek:.Getting tired of huffing my ammo boxes gotta bust some caps.3 weeks post op and I can raise my arm almost to shooting position,I am so blown away by how invasive the surgery was and how well I can move my arm.Think I might have trouble wraping sling around arm but the Scorp is saying I need to make some noise. <laughs> ;)Great job on pics and vid. <thumbsup>

Got some more pics to share of non shooting stuff, off the back porch of my inlaws in the Dragoon mts. Some of the pics were taken in the fullish moon, which came out like dusk pics, maybe Drew can help with that cause I have no idea why. First batch: looking over at Tom from the mts., Heather 2 minutes apart, at 9:30ish,one with flash, one without, then looking over the house just after.

post-644-136297284814_thumb.jpg

post-644-136297284921_thumb.jpg

post-644-136297285098_thumb.jpg

post-644-136297285208_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot timer pic - Greg's fastest run.  <thumbsup>

ShotTimerGreg.jpg

Running course of fire was:

Start with rifle loaded, round chambered, weapon on safe. 

** On the go (beep), run to first shooting position engage 2 targets with 2 shots each.  Targets were about 15 and 17 yards. 

** Move to second shooting station, engage two targets with 2 rounds each. Targets were about 17 and 20 yards.

** Move to third shooting station, engage four targets with 2 rounds each. Targets were (left to right) 20 yards, 15 yards, 15 yards, 17 yards.

End of run on last round fired.  Timer stops.  Safe & clear the weapon, reload, run again.

Here's what the shot timer displays for Greg's run:  16 rounds fired, movement to first shooting station and first round off at 2.38 seconds. Last round fired (#16) at a total elapsed time of 10.85 seconds.  Time between 15th and 16th shot was 0.16 seconds.

Now, that's 16 rounds fired, with movement three times, in 10.85 seconds.  Greg was averaging 0.15 to 0.16 between rounds, on the same target, with some at 0.14 seconds.

I was slower overall through the course, with an average of 0.13 to 0.14 seconds between shots on the same target.  I hit 0.12 seconds several times, but not as an average.  I shot the AR 45 through there once, and jerked a 0.10 between shots somehow.  The rifle we almost exclusively shot through the course was the 14.5" billet gun, with the S3G trigger. 

That poop was some fun.  <thumbsup>

Tannerite rules!  :hethan: