• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

There's some Hell-Raisin' coming up soon...

98Z5V

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No, it is at LEAST this big!"  <laughs>

Good thing I packed a levergun for that greenhorn!

MikeH is parking here about 0700, then we're heading up to SV!

My packing list is: M1903A1, Marlin 1894S .45 Colt-housegun special, 1894CSS .357 Mag-a-num, Mossy 930SPX (don't be scared!), BWK-47 in .223, a .45 auto, a .45 auto, and a .45 auto.  Ammo for all.

IF we can get my Ford Ranger up to freeway speeds with mine and Mike's stuff, we should be kicking in someone's door by 0900.  <lmao>

Who's wearing the bunny suit?

Jon

So, I work all day, until 5pm.  Go home and download the truck, hop on the bike, and head to Tombstone to meet up with the guys.  I get there, call Greg, find out where they're at - about 2 blocks away from where I parked.  Cool, I head out for my two-block walk.  I'm waiting on the corner in front of the Crystal Palace Saloon - and these guys are walking up to the opposite corner...

Now, there's a Tombstone Marshall truck in the middle of the intersection.  Not abnormal, during festivities in Tombstone - they close Allen Street for stuff like this.  I walk over to their corner, do the re-meet-n-greet with everyone, meet Greg and Heather's two sons...  <laughs>

When I look back into the intersection, there's another Tombstone Marshall truck...    :o  Now, I'm not paranoid or anything, but I'm pretty sure they could sense the evil that had gathered...  :bat:

We talked, walked down the street, went shopping for warm garments and "loaded" onesies - yes, seriously - and ended up in the Crystal Palace.  Me, Rob and Greg.  We didn't quite realize it yet, but there was a very famous celebrity in the bar at that time...  Man, I an NOT KIDDING ONE BIT on this one...  We JUST got up to the bar, and this little hispanic fella leans over to Greg and says, "My wife thinks you look just like Vin Diesel!"... 

That poop just happened...  <thumbsup> <lmao>

What a great day - just got back home.  Took me a damn hour and a half to get everything into the truck and head out, but we were on the range from about 10am to 5pm - when the range master chased us out.  Rob and Jen, myself, Jon, Mike, Greg and Heather, and Greg's in-laws.  Plus a hell of alot of other people, on the public range.

Everybody split around 5pm (1700, for you military-minded folks), Jon going back to Marana, Mike had to (still has to, bet he ain't there yet) go back to Mesa (Phoenix).  Rob and Jen, and I, went out to Buffalo Wild Wings and had a great time.  I'm positive there are pics and video coming up.  Project Pinky was fired.  ALOT of other stuff was fired. 

We shot for $10s four times today, and Greg took the first two, with me getting the last two - which just means I got my money back.  Greg made some. 

Rene, you got that conference call that we threatened ya with...  <laughs>

Wow ! Had an absolutly great time  :D , Got to put faces to names on this board. Made some new freinds that I will keep !

Shot some really cool toys{Mega , LaRue, 1903a}, Saw a few parts that will solve some problems which I have with my guns.

Got the biggest kick out of watching the guys shoot the slide fire stock, It left a smile on everyone face who shot it!

Mike

The Slidfire was mighty-mighty!  Mighty enough that I can see it ripping holes in pockets all over the board here.  <laughs>

A very awesome day indeed!  Tom forgot to mention we did three womb-based initiations also...the next generation in 20 years will say "I can't remember the first time I went...feels like I've always been here."  <lmao>

BTW...happy National Gun Cleaning Day!

Jon

Slide fire deffinately was a kick in the pants <thumbsup>. It took some getting used to, but as soon as you figure it out you can't shake the smile off your face.

Mike and Jon, I'm really glad y'all made it out. It wouldn't have been the same without you guys there. Mike, keep me updated on that XD40. Jon, thanks again for bringing your 12ga. The girls had a blast on that thing. Seeing two pregnant women shooting that much was really cool.

As for Tom and Greg, The fun ain't over yet.

Was an awesome time! Honored to have met Mike and Jon, two fine fellows!

We had a few bets going that I'm sure you all heard about. First was an Appleseed style shoot, followed by a 1911 showdown, the 14.5" 5.56 at 500 yards with a red dot sight, and the last was woody (20" ar15 ) irons only on a 200 yard swinger.

Tom has the actual scores on the Appleseed, but the finishing order was me, Rob, then Tom. 

Next up was Tom and I shooting the .45's, I just scraped by. Wait, where was Rob you say? " I forgot my money in the hotel! "  yeah sure!

The red dot challenge I was thoroughly thrashed by Tom who hit it on his third shot. Somehow I did not get a hit, with the same hold over.... Don't let Rob spot for you!

Last was woody on the 200 yard swinger. At this point Rob was shunned, I spotted for Tom, he spotted for me. Tom was 9/10, beating my 8/10 score.

All that aside I have high definition video and awesome pics of a great time in the desert! There was even a conference call to Rene, keeping him there in spirit! All other evidence will get posted when I get home. Few more hours left here with Rob and his wife, several more days for me.... stay tuned!

Thanks and you're welcome to all!

Greg, you should mention "Ladies with childs shooting head shots with a shotun!"  <laughs>

Don't think you're safe breaking into those homes with the men away.

Next time the Freedom Machine should be set up more properly for l-o-n-g range, with a new uncracked stock on the M1903 (that wadded my joxers).

More firearms on a table than TPD SWAT has...and that was just Tom's table!  <lmao>

He's gonna need one of those Kenworth pickup trucks soon.

Jon

Forgot to thank Rob for letting me shoot the 300AAC blackout.

The AR-300WSM wasn't working well, it did not eject any cases.

Accuracy was ok ,I hit the metal 2 times at 500 yards.

After looking at Tom's AR-45 I am ready to go ahead and finish my 10mm AR project with the Olympic Arms Magazine. Just need to get the bolt and a couple of mags.

Did make one mistake...Did not bring enough 223 Ammo !

Brought almost 500 rounds of 308 and only used 220 of it.

Next time I will bring more 9mm & 223 plus a beta mag.

You know Mike, thank for letting me shoot both of your .300WSMs!

Now that I think about it you are probably right...that Winchester is kind of a bummer!  Tell you what...next time we meet, just leave it with me and no one will have to know you ever owned it.  I'll dispose of it discreetly.

8)

Jon