• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

These men are awesume

unforgiven

tomb.jpg

I still have the utmost respect because they stand there at gaurd in not only hurricanes but snow sleet and what ever else god throws at them, but this picture was taken in sept. read an artical about all these "fake" pictures people were posting another was sharks in the streets of NYC, and picutres of the Statue of Liberty from the move the day after tomorrow

I still have the utmost respect because they stand there at gaurd in not only hurricanes but snow sleet and what ever else god throws at them, but this picture was taken in sept. read an artical about all these "fake" pictures people were posting another was sharks in the streets of NYC, and picutres of the Statue of Liberty from the move the day after tomorrow

Doesn't mean a damn thing, when that pic was taken, two years prior, during an earthquake, whatever - they never left their post, not once, since they were formed.  Even through this hurricane.  They were right there, doing their job, during all kinds of issued "mandatory evacuations."

They didn't leave their post. 

Doesn't mean a damn thing, when that pic was taken, two years prior, during an earthquake, whatever - they never left their post, not once, since they were formed.  Even through this hurricane.  They were right there, doing their job, during all kinds of issued "mandatory evacuations."

+1

AGREE 100%

I agree to. but social media is making a huge stink over this picture now what about when it's -10 and snowing or 32* and raining, or 100* and humid or even a nice day?!?  Hell half the people who posted this picture on facebook prolly didn't even know what the tomb of the unknown soldier was till this came up. Sorry I wasn't trying to be disrespectful

It's refreshing to see the heart of the American soldier in these younger generations. IMHO these men are just as important as any spec ops boys.

And just to avoid any confusion I am a 13 year vet of the Army and have been to the Tomb during training in the mid 90s. It means more to me now than it did back then to see these men at their post.

LOL. Honor and courage aside, there's a humorous element to this. This topic is giving me this almost "looney tunes" picture of nature raising hell with everyone only to get frustrated with those stubborn !@#$% soldiers who won't move no matter what. LOL.

Put yourself in that situation, and suddenly, it's not so "funny..." 

From your perspective, and situation, you don't understand.  When you're in that kinda poop, you have a kind of comaraderie and perspective, that can make certain shitty situations "filled with humor" much after the fact - amongst those that went through the same thing.   

From an aspect of battling nature - I get it.

From an aspect of battling adversity, and overcoming it - you don't get it.  Not in this perspective that you've chosen to engage.