• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cerberus to sell Gunmaker

The private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management said on Tuesday that it would sell its investment in the gunmaker Freedom Group in response to the school shootings last week in Connecticut.

Cerberus acquired Bushmaster — the manufacturer of the rifle used by the gunman in the Newtown attacks that killed 27 people, including 20 schoolchildren — in 2006.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-to-sell-gunmaker-freedom-group/

Or they know something the rest of us pawns dont know and realize its about to become a major financial burden to own companies producing a product that cant be sold...

I'd thought about this also...plenty of former politicos in Cerberus/Freedom Group, lots of connections to listen to.

Plus crybaby Boehner using these shooting headlines to quietly negotiate taxes being raised...no reason he wouldn't throw gunowners under the bus.

Jon

already puling bushies off the shelves. this is getting bad in a hurry. not to mention everyone has completely forgotten about the economy and fast and furious and all the other stuff the government would love for you not to be thinking about.

The massacre of small children tends to trump things like that, as it should. What noone wants to talk about, is the way this tragedy is being leveraged shamelessly for the anti gun agenda. No doubt about it, the perpetrator of this crime is a lowlife beyond description, but lower still are the scumbags in Washington who are going to use the emotional momentum of this tragedy to move their legislation forward.

Matt put it right earlier. This IS gonna get ugly. But the speed at which it is gaining pace is mind-numbing.

Shocker that Armalite is limiting thier mag sales....and pmags (308) seem to be "sold-out" damn near everywhere.

I think that we're looking at some dark times ahead of us here fella's. The powers that be have been waiting for something like this, just so that they could push for another assault weapons ban. And for that matter......who knows where they'll stop?

Just my own thoughts and opinion.

Ron

The powers that be have been waiting for something like this, just so that they could push for another assault weapons ban. And for that matter......who knows where they'll stop?

Where WE stop them.

At the laws not being passed?  At the enforcement of the law at the retail level?  The confiscation of rifles and magazines?

Jon

Where WE stop them.

I agree with that too. Unfortunately it's the one's that are in office that get to vote on it. And they're already there. And they could cave in to the left by the time the next round of elections come around. That's all I meant. Believe me.....I'm trying to stay positive throuh all of this.

Ron

Believe me.....I'm trying to stay positive throuh all of this.

Ron

That in itself is quite the undertaking brother. The preppers/skeptics/conspiracy folks are all standing on firm 'I told you so' ground right now while the rest of us look a little sheepish. I'm hitting up the local gunshow circuit, this time I won't be there to relax and enjoy myself.

Where's the NRA now? <dontknow>

They released a pretty good statement today...

The National Rifle Association has put out a statement saying it is "prepared to offer meaningful contributions" to prevent more violence like that which occurred in Newtown, Conn., last week. The organization said it will hold a news conference in the Washington, D.C., area on Friday.

Additionally, the organization broke its silence on social media, and put its Facebook page back up Tuesday afternoon, timed to the statement's release. The page had been down for several days following the shooting. The NRA also posted a Tweet Tuesday for the first time since Friday, linking to the statement.

The statement reads:

"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

"Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

"The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

"The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.

"Details will be released to the media at the appropriate time."

Cerberus owns Remington and a couple others...they are selling Bushmaster strictly as a $ decision, I suspect. It would be nice if a real gun maker, not a holdings corp, could jump in.

We are in for hard times, fellas.

Panic on the part of gun owners coupled with a .gov who never lets a crisis go un-manipulated isn't a good thing. While I hope that the House of Representatives gets their collective backbone installed and says no, I am not confident of that, and if they do, I am not confident the person in the oval office won't attempt an end-around and try an executive order of some type.

We cold see some real chaos here.

Watching all of this happen is presenting a picture of America that isn't good.

This is the wrong time for us to lose focus. The world is a far too dangerous

place beyond our borders.

As far as CTD and the other retailers caving in, I think they should be ashamed of themselves, and sent them emails stating so. When the people who support the Constitution should be walking in lockstep, and when the free exercise of our rights needs to be re-affirmed on a daily basis, these people cave in.

We should never let them forget it.

I won't.