• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Thinking about joining a Militia

seasprite

According to the US Constitution, all able bodied males not in uniform are a part of the unorganized militia, so you already ARE in one.

Arizona's Constitution also makes clear about the difference between organized and unorganized militia, and I'm a member according to that document (Tom's probably too old).

Now, get with your fellow members and practice, and drill, and get into shape!

Jon

Here's some info:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blusmilitia.htm

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311

FWIW, the last state unorganized militia to hold regular monthly muster was Mississippi, and they stopped WAY back to just prior to WWI...I believe.

Monthly musters work on things like marksmanship, physical fitness, operation of various rifle or handgun systems.

Jon

Thanks guy's, I'm just thinking out loud right now. Trying to plan for the worse and hope for the best type of thing. I'm worried about the state of our country just as you guy's are.

Defiantly need to get in shape the table muscle has taken over <munch>

If/when poop hits the fan we will be by your side along with thousands if not millions of others.

I thought about this earlier today, you guys old enough to remember bubba doing this in 94', was it thus crazy? Ammo mags guns gone? Talk of our rights being stripped? In 94 I was still tote'n a squirt gun

It wasn't this bad in '94.  Controversial, yes.  Supplies dried up fast, initially.  Prices were through the roof for pre-ban mags.  Hell, pre-ban anything. 

This poop is ridiculous right now...

What 98Z said  ....but in the 90's ..1992 to be exact....I was ahead of the curve on what Clintoris was gonna do <laughs> we didnt have the internet...so it was gun shows and the classified ads in the newspapaers <laughs>  me and my best friend were in line at 8am most every Sat waiting for the show to open....no nic checks back then....just fill out the yellow sheet and move on to the next table that had lowers or mags.....back then the mac 90's  were 169 bucks out the door...sks's 69 bucks...ar15 lowers 70 bucks or so....you could buy buy buy till your money ran out...we got in on it way before the vast majority of folks woke up <thumbsup> so I would say the internet changed it.....the supply finally dried up and prices went up but it took a while back in the 90's and we already had our stuff for a year and a half at least,so we never paid the high prices...... :) Wash

While pondering your potential membership in the local Militia, please do not forget to keep your NRA and Gun Owners of America dues up.  I know both of these organizations have their flaws (PITA to be exact), but since everyone in Washington, DC has shown they are for sale, we might as well support organizations that can rent them for our cause.

^^^  Exactly what wash said, up there.  I don't even remember an internet gun supply until the very, very late 90s or 2000 sometime.  Everything was through local shops - some were good, some were not good.  You got what you could, you paid what you had to pay...  etc.

I was in the Army, so everytime I had a good mag that had an old date on it, I lost it on the range.  Tragic, trying to keep track of that poop on a movement range.  List all the details of the movement range on the AAR, have the Commander sign off on it, go to supply, tell 'em what happened, get new mags. 

I eventually got smart, and found yellow duct tape.  I'd run two wraps of yellow duct tape around the bottom of all my training mags - made it a hell of alot easier to find them in the tall grass.  I stopped losing mags after that.  <thumbsup>

ARTICLE XVI. MILITIA

1. Composition of militia

Section 1. The militia of the state of Arizona shall consist of all capable citizens of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years, and of those between said ages who shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing therein, subject to such exemptions as now exist, or as may hereafter be created, by the laws of the United States or of this state.

Jon, I'm in, ya rat bastage...  :bitchslap:

ARTICLE XVI. MILITIA

Section 1. The militia of the state of Arizona shall consist of all capable citizens of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years, and of those between said ages who shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing therein, subject to such exemptions as now exist, or as may hereafter be created, by the laws of the United States or of this state.

<laughs>

Those are only the mandated ages that must participate.  As in Switzerland, everyone that wants to may come and play.

Jon

While pondering your potential membership in the local Militia, please do not forget to keep your NRA and Gun Owners of America dues up.  I know both of these organizations have their flaws (PITA to be exact), but since everyone in Washington, DC has shown they are for sale, we might as well support organizations that can rent them for our cause.

This here is our first line of defense against the attack on our constitution along with writing our reps. to tell them how we stand. The last line of defense well lets hope and pray that it gets settled before that happens.

ARTICLE XVI. MILITIA

Those of you that are older than 45 can move to Missouri the militia will take you here.

WHO CAN JOIN

You must be between the ages of 18 and 64 per Missouri Title V, never convicted of a felony, never adjudicated mentally deficient, and not a member of a hate group to be eligible to volunteer. Additionally we require a background check prior to becoming a full time volunteer. This must be completed no later than your third training event and costs $15.00 payable to the Missouri Highway Patrol.