• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

$7/gal for Milk

98Z5V

If it does go that high it is because of the feds screwing around with it and regulating it in the first place.

A dairy farmer over in Yuma said to himself "I can do it cheaper!"  Got his own fleet of trucks, bypassed the middle guys, had his own distribution and was selling milk for $1/gallon.

Until the feds sued him for not following their arbitrary rules and making it unfair for his competitors.

Get a milk goat for $75 bucks, feed it weeds, and you're free and clear after 8 gallons.

I don't know if it's still going on but 20+ years ago the feds were buying dairy farms/cows all around my area to close them down for the purpose of keeping the milk price high :angry:

They paid 3 huge dairies between El Paso and Las Cruces to shut down during that time! The dairies are now back up and running again.

They paid 3 huge dairies between El Paso and Las Cruces to shut down during that time! The dairies are now back up and running again.

My sporting clays coach was a dairy farmer in Stephanville Tx ....Feds came in told em to build a cheese/dairy plant there with Fed money.....shortly after that in the 90's milk got so cheap he was always having to sell off his some of his cows to make it work for his family...the Feds are never never any good in the private sector! Wash

I don't know if it's still going on but 20+ years ago the feds were buying dairy farms/cows all around my area to close them down for the purpose of keeping the milk price high :angry:

I've heard of them doing this now with crop farmers now days, I have no facts but it's something I've seen discussed