• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Arizona Shit Ass

planeflyer21

From AZCDL:

On January 16th, Senator Ableser (D-26) filed two bills attacking law-abiding gun owners.

SB 1049 would expand the definition of "school" in ARS 13-3102 (Weapons Misconduct) to include post-secondary educational institutions (i.e., colleges and universities).  The proposed laws would make possessing a firearm on post-secondary educational institutions a Class 6 Felony. Under current law it is a misdemeanor to possess a firearm on K-12 school grounds and firearms policy on colleges and universities is controlled by the governing boards of the institution. The passage of SB 1049 would empower criminals while disarming their victims.

SB 1050 would outlaw the possession of any magazine or other “feeding device” that holds more than 10 rounds and make their possession a Class 4 Felony. With the millions of semi-automatic firearms with standard capacity (i.e., no limits) magazines possessed by law-abiding Arizona gun owners, this would do nothing more than a create a new class of criminal whose only crime is the possession of a hunk of plastic and metal that politicians have deemed evil. We also question the rationale of anyone who believes that the construction of an inanimate object affects the behavior of the person possessing it.

We urge you to contact Senator Ableser and politely inform him that you dislike the legislation he has introduced. A prepared letter is waiting for you at AzCDL’s Legislative Action Center. You can send the message we have prepared or edit what is there. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks to make your voice heard.

Stay tuned! As more bills are filed, we will post them at AzCDL’s Bill Tracking page.

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom.

Copyright © 2013 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.

Jon

From AZCDL:

On January 16th, Senator Ableser (D-26) filed two bills attacking law-abiding gun owners.

SB 1049 would expand the definition of "school" in ARS 13-3102 (Weapons Misconduct) to include post-secondary educational institutions (i.e., colleges and universities).  The proposed laws would make possessing a firearm on post-secondary educational institutions a Class 6 Felony. Under current law it is a misdemeanor to possess a firearm on K-12 school grounds and firearms policy on colleges and universities is controlled by the governing boards of the institution. The passage of SB 1049 would empower criminals while disarming their victims.

SB 1050 would outlaw the possession of any magazine or other “feeding device” that holds more than 10 rounds and make their possession a Class 4 Felony. With the millions of semi-automatic firearms with standard capacity (i.e., no limits) magazines possessed by law-abiding Arizona gun owners, this would do nothing more than a create a new class of criminal whose only crime is the possession of a hunk of plastic and metal that politicians have deemed evil. We also question the rationale of anyone who believes that the construction of an inanimate object affects the behavior of the person possessing it.

We urge you to contact Senator Ableser and politely inform him that you dislike the legislation he has introduced. A prepared letter is waiting for you at AzCDL’s Legislative Action Center. You can send the message we have prepared or edit what is there. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks to make your voice heard.

Stay tuned! As more bills are filed, we will post them at AzCDL’s Bill Tracking page.

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom.

Copyright © 2013 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.

Jon

i dont see this happening, so they are going to come door to door or expect you to drop them off at the fire depatment like your past due meds!?! this is bullpoopy and they know it, war they want war they'll get.....

No way it makes it.  No way. 

That guy just sealed his next re-election bid, though.  <thumbsup>

Says the guy whose federal representative promised to only run for "The rest of Gabby's term."  <laughs>

He got elected in the first place.  As did Barber and Grijalva and Dupnik.

The blue is seeping out of Tucson like mold on cheese.

Jon

I blame my state for that. You guys need to work on your immigration policy....there should be a mandatory background check and a waiting period for any Californian moving to AZ.  <thumbsup>just check their voting record for the past ten years.

I blame my state for that. You guys need to work on your immigration policy....there should be a mandatory background check and a waiting period for any Californian moving to AZ.  <thumbsup>just check their voting record for the past ten years.

<thumbsup>

Make mandatory for ANY new resident to purchase a semi-auto handgun and rifle, AND attend training.

It would probably increase illegal immigration from Mexico again.

Jon