• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First build

MONTANA308

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya this  has been great! I thank all the guys for there info.  Been working on my spelling and punctuation to  so 98Z5V don't hook me up.

You're WAY alright, man - that one post just made my head hurt, trying to decipher it...  <lmao> <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

You can use any length that you want. Worst case, you may have to drill a hole in the side of the handguard to be able to adjust the block (set screw type). If you use a switchblock (Noveske) or Armalite's adjustable block, or any other manufacture's adjustable block, you need to measure from the back of the block to the threads on the receiver.

Ok thanks I picked up a rifle length gas tube the other day. Wanted to make sure it was going to work. I feel like I'm in that Jonny Cash song "One Piece at a Time"

Hey guys what is the longest length of hand guard I can use with and adjustable gas block  on a rifle lenght gas  system,and still make adjustments I kinda rough guessed looks like 14in. I wana be for sure

If you want the gasblock exposed, at the front of the handguard, then it's simple - rifle length gas, rifle length handguard.  Midlength gas, midlength handguard.  Carbine gas, carbine handguard. 

Shit, it was already gone when he made his intro post - he just didn't know it yet...  <laughs>

Truer words were never spoken. We're really a bunch of punks to just let greenhorns walk in here and we all pretend that everybody here is nice, responsible, and thrifty people who look out for each other.

The truth is a lot more simple, we are all really slutty gear whores.  <laughs> <lmao>

The truth is a lot more simple, we are all really slutty gear whores.  <laughs> <lmao>

<laughs>  And we'll spend your money in a split-second.    :o

"You can trust me with your life, but not your wallet or your ammo..."  <lmao>