• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First build

MONTANA308

Hey I am building well trying to anyway my first AR. I have a gen 4 matched set 308 from SI Defence and they are a fine piece of work. I have 20 in megowen  SS barrel being made in hbar profile with a rifle length gas port gonna run a heavy buffer and spring in a magpul PRS and an adjustable gas block  I have some questions on all the pins  to put everything together I don't know which ones work  armalite or dpms and was wanting some info on what trigger,BCG(if one ever comes available ) I should use, and rail system thanks for all your help

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to am about to start my first AR build, I already own an AR-15 but my heart belongs to the .308.  I'm going to be picking up a SI Defense matched set and have no idea where to start beyond that.  I have always settled on lower quality based around my budget and that is not going to happen with this project.  This is to be my pride and joy and not a subject to compromise. 

With that being said I am open to any advice that more experienced folks can give me an any education as well.  I want to thank you in advance for helping me with what I'm sure will be silly rookie questions.

My megowen custom barrel I have not got yet but Dan  was really good to work with. Not sure what there lead time is I didn't ask just ordered. Trying to build an all Montana part ( mostly anyway) 308.

If your going to go coustom barrel look at kreiger also they have bull barrels that come with gas block 

This is to be my pride and joy and not a subject to compromise. 

With that being said I am open to any advice that more experienced folks can give me an any education as well. 

You will get some great advice from the experts here, but just in case you haven't noticed, they LOVE to help guys like you spend your money! You Sir, have just become an enabler!!!!!!!!!! <lmao> <lmao> <lmao>