• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best Muzzle Brake/Flash Hider combo

I was wondering what folks recommend for a Muzzle Brake which will help to reduce recoil, reduce muzzle climb and suppress flash as much as possible. I was looking at the JP Enterprises brake and the Benny Hill rolling thunder brake. Just curious on folks .2c, thanks.

The AAC Brakeout is a suppressor host.  If you're not looking for that, the very best "next option" I could recommend is the Rainier Arms XTC Comp.  It's damn near exactly what the AAC Brakeout is, without suppressor mounting capability.

bd1170c56c5537a4ab46e206ee2939eb.jpg

I have the AAC Brakeout on two of mine, AAC Blackout (flash suppressor only) on one, and will be picking up some of the RA XTC Comps in the future - at least one of them, for sure. 

I've got two Spike's Tactical Dynacomps, both .30 caliber, and they work well, also - but they're not as effective as the Brakeouts are. The Dynacomps will eventually be replaced with Brakeouts - not because they're not effective, but because the Brakeout is just better, IMHO.

I'm right there with you with the AAC breakout's. I just put one of them on my daniels "beater" a couple months ago, and I love it. And I also use nothing else but the brakes on (308) AR's. Mostly for the cans, but also from the sheer performance factor. Way big difference in recoil. Though.......the people on either side of me hate me. But that's ok. I just tell em to get in line.  <laughs>

I have been to Rainer Arms site and cannot find this "XTC Comp", found it for 5.56 and 6.8, but it's not listed for the .308/7.62, if you have a link please send it.

They've got it for 6.8 and 300BLK - same one works on both.  It's a .30 cal comp, threaded 5/8 x 24. 

• 3 weeks later...
I installed the YHM phantom brake on my ar10. It will accept the 7.62 phantom suppressor. I also have the phantom flash hider on my 5.56.And the bennie there are that it will accept the 7.62 suppressor as well. One suppresor two calibers/guns.

Is that a special 5.56 Phantom QD mount, for the 7.62 can?  YHM made the mounts different on purpose, so people didn't accidentally mount a 5.56 can on a 308 rifle...

My biggest problem with muzzle brake/flash hiders is which one to pick. There are literally 10 that I could quickly come up with that I would love to have. I'll probably be going with a JP or Troy for my next build. I have little practical experience with anything but a standard A2 though. I hope to give a positive review on the PWS FC30 soon.

I have the PWS FSC30 on a 7.62x39 build. I need to spend more time shooting it instead of adding more crap to it.

Definitely aggressive looking! It's one hell of a comp too. I'd say it was damn close to my BattleComps. I have two BC v1.5's and two BABC's. The BABC on my 300Blk is probably the most comparable. The BC does a better job, but that could partially be due to the better cartridge. I've never shot a BC and a PWS with the same cartridge.

Totally worth the money! If a BC price tag scares you, the PWS is an affordable alternative. I bought the FSC30 for $99

I have the PWS FSC30 on a 7.62x39 build. I need to spend more time shooting it instead of adding more crap to it. Definitely aggressive looking! It's one hell of a comp too. I'd say it was damn close to my BattleComps. I have two BC v1.5's and two BABC's. The BABC on my 300Blk is probably the most comparable. The BC does a better job, but that could partially be due to the better cartridge. I've never shot a BC and a PWS with the same cartridge. Totally worth the money! If a BC price tag scares you, the PWS is an affordable alternative. I bought the FSC30 for $99
Crap, Robo! Now its JP, Troy, and BC...ha. Very nice product but the 7.62 is so expensive it might be out for what I'd be even willing to spend on a brake.

Crap, Robo! Now its JP, Troy, and BC...ha. Very nice product but the 7.62 is so expensive it might be out for what I'd be even willing to spend on a brake.

Before you decide, come visit and try my PWS on my mk214. The only drawback is it is loud, but does all else well. On the Larue I have a Surefire brake, and that also works well.