• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How Tight?

planeflyer21

How necessary is the staking of that nut?

Jon

I stake all mine.  Never been in the situation with one NOT staked and it coming loose ('cause they're all staked), but I've read of the coming loose, on de internetz.

Fcuk no.  Never.  And don't.  I bought a used lower at a gunshow, and the asshead used loctite on the castle nut.  Not only was it a complete bitch to get the receiver extension off, the fucker used too much loc-tite, and the poop seeped down the threading, right into the buffer retainer - locking that sum'bitch SOLIDLY in place.  I had to drill that thing out.  WHILE using heat. 

Don't do it, man.  It's too damn easy to stake it.  Pick up an automatic centerpunch from Harbor Freight, and use that to peen the metal into the grooves - that works wonders. 

We came up with toms perfect property. He needs to own a good chunk of land with a race track and a bike shop on one side and a gun range with an full custom shop on the other side. Throw a steak house and a brothel in the middle and you've found paradise.  <thumbsup>

We came up with toms perfect property. He needs to own a good chunk of land with a race track and a bike shop on one side and a gun range with an full custom shop on the other side. Throw a steak house and a brothel in the middle and you've found paradise.  <thumbsup>

I'm in.  <thumbsup> ;D

I need a dyno.  In a separate building.  There MUST be SOME kind of loud noise going on 24/7...  :2nd:

can i move down the road?? 10 miles or so of course??