• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

lpk ?

collin minchey

I have pof lower and bought a cmmg lpk well I try to put together first off the bolt catch screw strip out next it ddn't fit well lot of slop in the bolt catch so I put the thing together and bolt don't catch well i open it up and it broke off the buffer retainer pin well I refrained from trowing it across the room at this point i need some advice please

well i got it fixed what i done was got a #37 drill bit and drilled the threads out of the pin then cut the tab off of bolt catch and then cut through the bolt catch and cut the pin in half then it just fell out re tap hole out and install new bolt catch i guess being a furniture maker gives you super steady hands, next time i will run a bottom tap in all holes i assumed they would be tap out right and you know the old saying

ASSUMING IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F##K UPS

well i got it fixed what i done was got a #37 drill bit and drilled the threads out of the pin then cut the tab off of bolt catch and then cut through the bolt catch and cut the pin in half then it just fell out re tap hole out and install new bolt catch i guess being a furniture maker gives you super steady hands, next time i will run a bottom tap in all holes i assumed they would be tap out right and you know the old saying

ASSUMING IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F##K UPS

Sorry, I have been away but that's exactly what I would have recommended, nice job!