• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1-4 power gen 1 SWFA scope

I just set up a SF Trading Post closed/secret site on facebook about 5 hours ago and scored the first deal on the site this evening.

I got a 1-4 power gen 1 SWFA scope for the price of shipping.

The only catch is that it doesn't illuminate which is a known issue for the gen 1.  It works fine otherwise and I plan on seeing if I can send it in for replacement. Who knows I may get lucky.  The scop has 7k rounds run through the gun it was on.

Now I have something to put on the Larue 308 until I get a NICE scopel :)

The only catch is that it doesn't illuminate which is a known issue for the gen 1.  

I had a bit of an issue with my Vortex PST reticle going in and out at first.  I really had to CRANK down on the battery cover to complete the circuit.

Maybe that will work on this scope of yours?  <dontknow>

^^^ I had problems with my Vortex also, was a shame because I have only heard good things about their products. I purchased their 1-4x scope(from midwayusa) and was really impressed with it, mounted it in my larue spr-s mount. Loaded up 100 rds of my go to load of 178gr amax on top of 41.5 grs IMR 4895 w/ 210m primer and hit the range. After sighting it in, I got a few good sub moa 3 shot groups. Upon my final groups(80 rds later) I noticed my shots were all over the place I went to adjust windage and the turret completely de- threaded from the scope body. M-fer, So f-ing pissed. I went home got on the computer and looked what to do with Midwayusa, printed out the return slip and tried to calmly fill it out. All in all midway was good to me and fully reimbursed even w/ shipping costs. Pissed me off because I wasted all those components for nothing. I use to not sweat ammunition but times suck right now.

This was back in April 2013. Eventually I am going to purchase another 1-4x for hunting and etc., really want one without exposed turrets. I have a swfa 12x for bench and prone work at the moment, it is a nice scope for the money.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/462883/vortex-viper-pst-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-4x-24mm-2-10-mil-adjustments-illuminated-tmcq-reticle-matte

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm going out and buying a lottery ticket because I just got something else GIVEN to me in the last week. 

It's a commercial embroiderer machine that is 12 years old.  When it was new it ran around 22k.  It looks almost new.  I didn't keep it though.  I traded it to a local embroidery for a GOOD DEAL.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. :)

Edited by alelks

Guys, I'm going out and buying a lottery ticket because I just got something else GIVEN to me in the last week. 

It's a commercial embroiderer machine that is 12 years old.  When it was new it ran around 22k.  It looks almost new.  I didn't keep it though.  I traded it to a local embroidery for a GOOD DEAL.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. :)

That is SWEET, Al!!

The girl was in sewing club last year.  Just a basic embroidery hobby machine is like $5k!

Time to contact all the biker clubs and Vets orgs!