• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Can I hear an AMEN?

Robocop1051

I saw this picture and started thinking, can I do it better?

c31d15a3e0003bc0495aefa9c3ba5d6f.jpg

It'd be one hellofa Appleseed plinker... And with a x1-4 it could easily be a DESTROYER of squeaks.

I think a Lancer CF handguard would look a lot better. I already have the conversion kit. I just need the slab side upper and barrel. As silly as that stock looks, I am intrigued with how light it is.... It's not unreasonably priced either. I'm feeling a 3G trigger may be in order too!

I hate the idea of spending all that money when my LGS has the new PWS 10/22's in stock.... For a lot cheaper!!

I was just on the Windham website too! I'm tempted to do an all carbon fiber upper.

I was also looking at the 9mm upper receiver, lacking the F/A and the deflector. I could easily omit the ejection port door and assembly. That'd be a bit lighter than a slab side DPMS upper.

If I do it, I'm definitely leaning towards a Lancer Systems CF tube vs the DPMS version. I really like the rifle plus length tube (14.6") w/o the top rail (only 11.6 oz)

I really like reading about the Taccom .22lr BCG, and all the extra work they put into it... and all for a menial cost in comparison to other (5.56/7.62) parts.

I like the idea of the Fortis, but I don't understand why they went for a hybrid picatinny/keymod??

They put picatinny at the 3 and 9, exactly where I would want to use the keymod mount. If they expect people to only use the keymod covers, why use picatinny at the 6 o'clock?

I would have been more interested if they dropped all the picatinny, except for the top rail. I don't necessarily want keymod either. I'd be just as happy with simple slots like VTAC/Magpul.

Strike Industries has a new keymod stock coming out. It's rediculously affordable too!

I like the idea of the Fortis, but I don't understand why they went for a hybrid picatinny/keymod??

They put picatinny at the 3 and 9, exactly where I would want to use the keymod mount. If they expect people to only use the keymod covers, why use picatinny at the 6 o'clock?

I would have been more interested if they dropped all the picatinny, except for the top rail. I don't necessarily want keymod either. I'd be just as happy with simple slots like VTAC/Magpul.

Strike Industries has a new keymod stock coming out. It's rediculously affordable too!

Just saw strike post that up on their FB very sharp looking hand guard!