• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Have we reached the point of ridiculous

Magwa

I want that recipe.. sounds great...

Just cut steaks into strips, coated a fry pan with olive oil, browned the meat (had more then a pan full so when each pan full was done I would put it in a bowl) when it was all done I took a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce put all the meat back into the pan and stirred in the sauce and peppers with meat on low heat till everything had a good glaze. Wrapped in a tortilla with rice, black beans cheese and sour cream.

I also use most my ground venison for taco meat

Edited by shepp

we use only peanut oil to fry in as it is the only oil that will take high heat without breaking down....

Brother Mike, you've got to try grape seed oil - highest flash point out there, so you can get that stuff REALLY hot.  Damn hard to find, though, in a regular store.  I nail it at Costco.

I donate my deer meat for the simple fact after processing and shipping (from Kansas to CA) it's way to expensive!  My deer last year went to two families.  Not going to make it home this year; however, if I do make it home next year I will find a way to get some of the meat back to CA. 

Todays hunting shows are nothing more than infomercials for the gear.  In the military we call guys like that "gear qu##rs"; why overload yourself with crap?  Take what you need and get the job done. 

For the bow hunters check this out: http://game-vector.com/

One of my buddies dad created it.

I donate my deer meat for the simple fact after processing and shipping (from Kansas to CA) it's way to expensive! My deer last year went to two families. Not going to make it home this year; however, if I do make it home next year I will find a way to get some of the meat back to CA.

Todays hunting shows are nothing more than infomercials for the gear. In the military we call guys like that "gear qu##rs"; why overload yourself with crap? Take what you need and get the job done.

For the bow hunters check this out: http://game-vector.com/

One of my buddies dad created it.

Gear queers I like it!!

Gear queers I like it!!

I like that too and I like the guy who said it he is right you do not need all that BS gear, people have been living by hunting for thousands of years without it and for some of us we will keep the tradition of minimalistic hunting because we have skills....... pass them on....

I know my buddy is kinda one of those guys, he always tells me my beard will scare deer away. I'm like men have had beards for 1000's of years it'll be fine! He could fall in a pile of roses and still stink tho even with all the scent blocker and cover up poop he uses.