• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Boberg XR-9S

Microgunner

The photo of the bottom of the slide is the best view. The claw behind the ejection port of the Boberg slide are the parts that pull the fresh round from the back of the magazine and raise it, via a ramp, to align with the breech.

I should also note that since the Boberg slide must hold the fresh round in alignment with the breech while loading, it has dual extractors. One on each side of the breech face. This sucker is going to extract come hell or high water.

Edited by Microgunner

4.2" extended barrel and 6.5# main spring were waiting in my mail box when I got home. Fast shipping.

Put the barrel in for test fit, fits perfectly and easily. Looks cool too. 

Going to install the lighter main spring today. Supposed to improve the trigger pull but will produce light primer strikes on very hard primers like Tulammo.

post-12024-0-07632400-1384612931_thumb.j

I installed the new lightweight main spring today.

It's mounted vertically behind the back strap under the grips.I really couldn't have been much easier to change and the trigger pull is dramatically improved.

Only problem, now the pistol twangs and vibrates when it's dry fired. I mean you can hear the new spring from accross the room.

I read complaints on Boberg's website about this but I didn't realize how dramatic the sound and vibration is.

Makes the Glock twang seem mild by comparrison.

Oh well.

Edited by Microgunner