• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

EOTech G33 STS

I really really really want one, but I probably should get the eotech first instead of my crappy Chinese knockoff.

What I've always wondered is if the center dot is 3-4 MOA to begin with, doesn't it become a 9-12MOA dot with 3x magnification? seems to me to partially defeat the purpose.

That in no way reduces its cool factor though.

What I've always wondered is if the center dot is 3-4 MOA to begin with, doesn't it become a 9-12MOA dot with 3x magnification? seems to me to partially defeat the purpose.

That in no way reduces its cool factor though.

If you put the magnifier in FRONT of the EOTech it won't, it only magnifies what's in front of it.

I have to EoTec with the reticle in brother Drews avatar.It also has NV.It also has benn discontinued :'( .It it badass.Got the magnifyier for Primary arms Vortex 3X I think.At 100 yrds. it helps a little.Just got the flip to the side mount for that magnifier from Primary arms also.I really had to crank on it to make it solid.The Magpul Gen2 fits under it no problem.Got the taller mount and its center to the opening on Eo.Before that I had the fixed mount that came with the magnifier and had to put a 1/4 riser underneath,looks stupid.The flip mount is just ok.You push it forward and the pin goes in the next notch.The best way to go is get the enitire EoTech setup.They have deals going with rebate.What I have now behind my EoTech is chessy but it will do for now.

I already have an EOTech 512 on the rifle so I don't need a new holosight.

EOTech's website says their magmifier will work with any of their holosights.

If you have a quick release on your holosight you'll need to use the included 7mm riser that comes with the magnifier, otherwise you won't use the riser.

If my Troy folding sight won't fit beneath the magnifier I'll have to use the riser and add a quick release to my holosight. I don't want to do that.

I'll also be buying wholesale which beats their sale price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Old thread, but relevant. And I'd hate to start a new one.

Anybody familiar with the Lucid magnifier?https://www.primaryarms.com/LUCID_2_5x_Variable_Magnifier_for_Red_Dot_Sights_p/l-2x5x.htm

Compared to the Burks, Primary Arms, vortex, and eotech stuff. What do you guys think?

I believe I looked into this earlier this year and didn't read very good things about it. IIRC the eyebox was really small.