• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cold weather practice

bubbasks

IMG_20131208_111749_063_zps500dba47.jpg

Went out this morning to get some practice in wile shooting with gloves. Bout 33 out with a 5-10 mph wind.

IMG_20131208_111105_678_zps0a78d83e.jpg

Took a few rifles and pistols out. The mvp shot alright and then the 308 made me happy. Been having FTE/ejector issues causing double feeds since i built it. I always just single loaded till today. I bit into and bought the BCM upgrade spring with o-ring and plunger. Boy i cant tell you how nice it is to have a 100% rifle. I shot the lower group with my reloads on a cold bore. Went to another target and popped off 20 rds of ppu to warm it up some. Then it did this. Couldnt be more happy. Both are 5 shot groups.

IMG_20131208_115903_218_zpse099309a.jpg

Then i made an acceptable group with the big boomer just for fun. I love me sum 7mm RemMag. It even started digging a hole under the muzzle. All shooting was from prone. Im a happy camper.

IMG_20131208_122024_745_zps417bc63f.jpg

IMG_20131208_122043_611_zps764adfab.jpg

Nice shooting brother bubba.One thing about winter shooting,almost all shots are cold bore. <thumbsup> <lmao>

Touché. Yeah i was happy. At first when shooting the mvp i was a bit discouraged bc they too were all over then got nice and tight. I was like wtf. Then thought about it and did that experiment with the 308. Im gonna be a cool guy and take a couple bottle heaters from my racecar to strap to the barrel for winter shooting. Lol kidding. But seriously....

nice shootin but? when does it get cold there? 5 degrees here a bit chilly but nice weather..... :)

I agree nice shooting but that is light jacket weather. Saturday morning we where the coldest place on earth up here in north eastern mt. -36 below with out windchill. -53 with wind.

Do think its important to train in the cold what ever cold is in your area. Good Work Bubba

nice shootin but? when does it get cold there? 5 degrees here a bit chilly but nice weather..... :)

I agree great shooting. but that's light jacket weather. Was the coldest place on earth here in NE MT on sat morning. -36 no wind -53 wind.

I do think its important to train in the cold whatever cold my be in your area. Good Work Bubba

Lol ya it was fn horrible. - 15 right now suppose to get to -20 by morning another day in paradise. It got to 11 degrees today and i thought i was in heaven.

Only good thing is the coyotes are awful hungry after a week of below 0 weather. i will have blood on the SI 308 by Sunday

Holy fornicate thought it was cold here?!? It's been -10 to -5 with wind chill here. Been having a lot of heating calls, bout the last place I wanna be on a Walmart roof with a stiff wind.

Bubba good job, had an issue in stand shorting my doe cuz of the amount of cloths I had on