• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Camp Pendelton

htbde

Been hunting the base for the last 4 years. Seen a few but have yet to snag one. For SoCal its a great place. Only open to AD,RES, Ret. and guests of. Last year a rock took out my front end of my F250 so I missed most of the season. I used to hump an M1A but sold it for the Remy 700. Humping the M1A was a chore! Now the AR-10 for pigs if Kali will make up its mind. Vandenburg AFB has the same mil deal for hunting and pigs were a plenty. This year they shut it down but hopefully it will be up again soon.

post-14532-0-72005000-1392594258_thumb.j

SoCal deer look like coyotes with antlers. I find myself driving further and further north each season. So far I've hunted Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Colusa, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Modoc, and Siskiyou counties.

That is a fact. I hope to get that way this season. I have been in the lottery for 2 years now so maybe this year is it.

Last season around 100+ were taken on Pendelton (most in the last 4 I hunted). Few were over the 100lbs. and more in the 60-90lbs. range. Since its either sex and the hunter saturation is moderate compared to LA/San Berdo counties, that about the jest of it. SoCal being a desert of course has alot to do with it. I will try to find the stats from the wardens office and post it. Better than nothing but not much.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the late response. I'm not down there anymore so o won't be able available for a trip but i can absolutely guide someone in. We used calls, distressed rabbit to be specific. At night all the yotes come down from the desert into town to eat trash and people's little pets, my hunting partner and i found the route they take in the morning to go back. It's almost too easy sometimes. I popped one with a 7mm one time, pulled the phone out sent a text looked up and shot another that was chewing on the first one.

Edited by LeatherNuts