• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Open to opinions

Robocop1051

Robocop1051's new short bbl upper  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose or recommend?

• Daniel Defense Mk18
    • Primary Weapons Systems Mk110
    • Noveske 8.5" with NSR-11 and KX5

FUCKTITTIES!!! :rant2:

Well, it looks like LWRC doesn't want to play ball. My pusher begged and pleaded for me, and despite selling a 10.5" upper, they denied piecing one to a pistol for me... TWICE. They are adamant about ONLY selling their pistol with an 8.5" barrel. This would be fine for me, if I were on a SWAT entry team and knew I wouldn't be making a shot beyond 25 yards. However, I will have to qualify with this "pistol" out to 100 yards to be used as a patrol weapon. I really wanted to go with a 10.5" to 11.5" barrel system. Based on my storage limitations, I figured I can fit a 10.5" with just about any muzzle device, or an 11.5" with an A2 spec'd (ie; BC v2.0)

As for the AXTS AX556, it appears that I would have better chances of birthing twin unicorns out my ass before anyone in California is willing to touch that lower receiver... FUKC YOU BOXER AND FEINSTEIN!!!

This leaves me with two options left;

1. Buy the LWRCi pistol with the 8.5" barrel, and all the mechanical options I wanted, and if I need/want to later, upgrade to a 10.5" or 11.5" upper. I'm sure there's a market for an 8.5" piston upper somewhere <dontknow>
  2. Buy a stupid, plain, forged/billet AR Pistol (ie; Spikes, Sig, blah blah blah...) and then bolt on the ambi features I want (BAD lever and mag release). That'll let me add my own upper, with all the exact features I want.... Ultimately saving lots of $$$ in the long run as well.

The 8.5" will qual well at 100 yds., even 200. Snag one. 

Ya , but holding it , is the problem , the cartridge won't have a problem getting there & doing what's it sent there for . Nothing like a stocked rifle of some sort  , for precision aiming . <thumbsup>

Robo , I thought you were in the motorcycle division , how you going to carrie this thing on your scoot ? <dontknow> <laughs>

Robo , I thought you were in the motorcycle division , how you going to carrie this thing on your scoot ? <dontknow> <laughs>

That's why I need the "pistol". I emptied out the saddle bag and got a padded liner all set up.

A 10.5" pistol with a LAW Tactical folding adapter will fit perfectly... as well as give me about 11" of receiver extension. I'll still be able to shoulder NTCH like a SBR.