• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Open to opinions

Robocop1051

Robocop1051's new short bbl upper  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose or recommend?

• Daniel Defense Mk18
    • Primary Weapons Systems Mk110
    • Noveske 8.5" with NSR-11 and KX5

Not a big secret here, I'm LE. I'm currently looking to add a personal rifle to my patrol equipment. I have narrowed my options down to three possible choices.

This is just for the upper receiver. I want to buy an "off the shelf" upper, strictly for liability reasons. The upper will be mated to an AXTS AX556 "Pistol" lower receiver.

Due to space constraints, the complete build can only be so big.

464559.jpg

Mk_110_Upper__41089.1370446948.1280.1280

NoveskeKX5_zps0468ddaa.png

I just bought a Spikes Gen 2 Billet and put a Noveske NSR 15 rail on it. Its is so freaking light and well built. I just got the Bravo Company USA nylon key-mod rails to run my surefire X300 Ultra with tape switch. The rails are half the cost of the aluminum and weigh even less.  I am debating if I am going to keep the Seekins SBA-15 I have on back order or hold out for the new Spikes Tactical Billet Compressor lower that is a work of art. If you want I can put pics of the Spikes Upper and Noveske Rail, I am hoping to have the upper all done and put together this weekend at the latest. I am using a Daniel Defense 16" CHF barrel with a 1/7 twist and YHM flash hider, BCM charging handle, Spike BCG, troy flips and my Aimpoint PRO

DD Mk18.  The other two companies don't have anything that they provide to SOCOM.  Since it's chosen, and works for SOCOM, I think you should put your stock in that company.  It won't let down the guys that really need it, so it shouldn't let you down in your line of work.

My $0.02. 

After careful measurements, it looks like an 11.5" barrel, with an "A2-size" muzzle device, may just fit. If this is the case, screw all the above options, I'm getting the KAC SR15 upper with the URX4 and a battlecomp v2.0

I'm going to attempt to arrange a meet up with someone who owns an 11.5"

Well , that just blows the poll out  <laughs>

I voted for the DD .

Edited by survivalshop

I voted for the DD. I like the sleek look of the noveske but figured being as how this would probably be used in an actual heat of the moment situation and not just plinking, it would be better suited to useful accessories such as a light, pistol grip, laser etc. 

Never really thought about LE putting together their own rifles for on duty, I think its a great idea.  Is the department chipping in on the cost?  lol

THe DD Mk18 is my #1 choice right now.

I'm working out the specifics on the lower still. I really wanted the AXTS, but after doing some serious soul searching, I am now considering the new LWRCi M6 IC PSD.

It seems like there's no builder that has EXACTLY what I want in just one rifle.

I'm seriously debating a personal build, throwing liability into the wind, just to have exactly what I want.

11.5" barrel w/ A2 flash suppressor is exactly 20" OAL, from the back of the upper receiver.  Charging handle and forward assist stick back a little more, but I measured to the back of the receiver.

post-7-0-84735000-1393651395_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-15309500-1393651404_thumb.jpg

Oh sh!t, you're the man!

That gives me a total OAL of 22" when you add a lower and a LAW Tactical adapter.

I think 22" will fit in my bag.

On a side note. I just got off the phone with the distributor who supplies my dept. Come to find out he's also a LWRCi pusher. In fact, he already got his hands on their brand new M6 IC 14.5" with all the enhanced options, bells and whistles that I wanted. He and I are setting a date to shoot. I promised to bring him my .308 if he brought his IC.