• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Made my own rear tension pin

Toolndie7

I just finished a rear tension pin,  basically copied JP's style. I didnt have much play but I wanted a snug fit. So...... having the ability to make one and being broke I couldnt justify paying $45 for one. I made it out of a 10-32 cap screw and two pieces of A2 tool steel that I hardened. I made it specific to my rifle so the diameters are very close. All I can say is holy Sh**! I cant belive how well that works. Ive read that a lil loc-tite will be required to keep it snug and in place so someday when I finish this project and shoot it we will see how it holds up.  I'll post a picture after work cause god knows everyone like pictures.

Has anyone here had any experiences or opinions with a JP tension pin? 

Good question .

If I ever get it finished I'll try to remember to do a test both ways.  The way I look at it any movement is not going to contribute to accuracy, so if anything its going to help. Also any movement on an assembly is only going to get worse over time. And I just like being different  :banana: