• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

F-ing Barrel Nuts

Rsquared

So....I go stumbling  through the door...................DAMMIT!

Wait.....................wrong story.

So I just finally got my Wilson T.R.I.M. rail that I've been waiting for. I got the 9" model for an SBR upper that I've planned on building with a 7.5" Noveske barrel and pig brake (5.56). I've been wanting to have this upper put together in time for a trip up north in May. So....as we all know.....basic assembly is as follows...........

Step 1: Put upper in vise block (of you choice and discretion).  -   CHECK.

Step 2: Open beer  - CHECK.

Step 3: Grease (lightly) barrel extension, and slide into upper.  - CHECK.

Step 4: Run barrel nut up the threads and tighten........................................WAIT.................................FCUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the fcuk designs a barrel nut at 1-3/16"? Who the fcuk designs a barrel nut that the flats for said barrel nut are extra narrow? So a standard wrench won't fit!

Step 5: Slam remaining beer and repeat step 2.

Step 6: Pace in circles while muttering in a low breath about fucking Wilson.

Step 7: Repeat step 5!

Step 8: Feel the Proto (brand) wrench in your hands while staring at the bench grinder.

Step 9: Repeat step 5 (YES.....again........don't judge). You all know how I get.

Step 10: (time elapsed...........1 hour......many step 5's) Calm down. Get on Grainger's website and put a new crowfoot wrench on will-call for Monday (plus some other stuff you've been meaning to get anyway).

FINALLY.........................................

Step 11: Repeat step 5 at least 3 more times in rapid succession.

Step 12: Start fingering other rifles that you've already built (or bought).

Gotta love it.

Oh.....and here's a pic of the upper by itself, along with a test fit on one of my other registered lowers.

post-12568-0-48228200-1397338011_thumb.j

post-12568-0-36198300-1397338023_thumb.j

Edited by Rsquared

And all these years everybody has told me that guns and alcohol don't mix ... glad you proved them wrong!  Gonna be  good lookin' rig!

Practice,practice,practice builds always go better with some oil :ifly: .Another badass build in the makin brother Ron.Fuk yea. <thumbsup>

Edited by unforgiven

Who the fcuk designs a barrel nut at 1-3/16"? Who the fcuk designs a barrel nut that the flats for said barrel nut are extra narrow? So a standard wrench won't fit!

Same kind of people who design a barrel nut with 1-1/16" wrench flats that are extra narrow (Noveske)...

Damn....you beat me to it!

Sorry bout your luck on that one. Hopefully you won't have any issues installing the new bipod.

Hoooly $HIT!!!  HE FINALLY BOUGHT THE ELITE IRON BIPOD?!!?

elite-iron-bipod-pricey-but-cool.jpg

Hey Ron, I found a review for you - makes sense, too, given the platform...   <dontknow> :banana:

http://forum.snipershide.com/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/226773-ellite-iron-revolution-bipod.html

Edited by 98Z5V