• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New lo 308 question

tp308

7" at 25 yards is way worse than 7" at 300 yards. We need specifics. :D

Did you at least boresight it before you took the first shots? I doubt they zero the iron sights at the factory - just a few test shots if any at all to check if it cycles correctly.

Edited by shibiwan

Just walk it in my man. I usually do the same thing with any new rifle. I usually do some 5 shot groups (not looking for total accuracy) to get a judge on everything. And then.....slowly walk it in. Start at wherever you can land it on the targets. Then, slowly step out.

The most important thing. Have fun while playing with it. Don't let guys intimidate you with "sub-MOA" talk. Enjoy shooting the damn thing. That's what they're made for. MOA type of accuracy comes in time. BUT.....fun can happen ALL of the time. Even if you're just blasting.........just for the sake of blasting.

Just walk it in my man. I usually do the same thing with any new rifle. I usually do some 5 shot groups (not looking for total accuracy) to get a judge on everything. And then.....slowly walk it in. Start at wherever you can land it on the targets. Then, slowly step out.

The most important thing. Have fun while playing with it. Don't let guys intimidate you with "sub-MOA" talk. Enjoy shooting the damn thing. That's what they're made for. MOA type of accuracy comes in time. BUT.....fun can happen ALL of the time. Even if you're just blasting.........just for the sake of blasting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Agree

My bad. It shoots 7 inches low at 20 yards. I started out at 50 yards and couldnt hit the paper plate I was shooting at.

Now I am looking for a front sight adjustment tool, to adjust front sight.

No need for a special tool. Take out the firing pin, press on the front sight post detent with the firing pin and turn the front sight post clockwise to adjust your shots up. :D

No need for a special tool. Take out the firing pin, press on the front sight post detent with the firing pin and turn the front sight post clockwise to adjust your shots up. :D

Punch or Allen wrench works well too

Edited by shepp

What kind of rifle configuration do you have? Got pics? I'd like to see what kind of sights you have, and where they're mounted.

I have the solid stock with the duel peep site on back and blade on front.  Sorry I havent figured out pictures yet. will try to do that next week while im am off work.

I tried several different pins and punches to adjust that front site with no sucess. I took it back to GS and they bore sighted it for me.

Went straight from GS to range and shot 12 more rounds before I had to come to work. Shot at 50 yards Still have some work to do with it.

Thanks for all the replies and help