• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

glass recommendation

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like ST mentioned, it's all about the savings. If there's a good discount, buy it. It's a Vortex. If it's f*ked send it back to Vortex and they'll send you a new one.

Yes.  Except for that last part.  They will work on yours and keep sending it back to you until they decide they can't fix it, then they send you a new one.   I like my Vortex scopes, but keep in mind they have a reputation for excellent customer service because it DOES GET USED....and often.  Now, taking all that into consideration...their glass is excellent for the price point and they are a great value. 

Edited by StainTrain

I've heard more stories of  "new" replacements from Vortex so that was my assumption. Used/new, as long as it comes back in 100% functional condition, I don't think it matters.

....I'm actually looking at getting one of their R/T binoculars one of these days....

I just posted a deal the other day for a viper 6-20x for $299. gotta strike fast.

daaaaaang it Bobby hahaha (king of the hill) I sure missed that. Cumberland offer demo stuff on almost all the vortex. To bad they don't have bobro mounts I don't want to have to pay shipping twice.

A little off topic, you guys ever notice how midway will have these nice coupons like 45 off randomly, and when a holiday gets close all they ever really offer is free shipping. From what I've seen so far.

I've heard more stories of  "new" replacements from Vortex so that was my assumption. Used/new, as long as it comes back in 100% functional condition, I don't think it matters.

....I'm actually looking at getting one of their R/T binoculars one of these days....

Agreed.  It hasn't mattered to me.  I ain't looking to beat anyone out of anything.  As long as it is fixed, I am a happy customer.  They maybe giving more new replacement.  In my circle of shooting buddies and co-workers, they have not replaced a PST or a RAZOR, but they have repaired them. Small sample size I know.....plus personal experience.   

daaaaaang it Bobby hahaha (king of the hill) I sure missed that. Cumberland offer demo stuff on almost all the vortex. To bad they don't have bobro mounts I don't want to have to pay shipping twice.

A little off topic, you guys ever notice how midway will have these nice coupons like 45 off randomly, and when a holiday gets close all they ever really offer is free shipping. From what I've seen so far.

You could be on to something. 

Actually, given the price, this may still be a good buy. 

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burris-Ballistic-Laser-Scope-II/1519082.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dburris%2Blaser%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=burris+laser&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

I believe these Eliminator II's are being discontinued explaining the clearance price. 

Practicing what we preach on rule 65, section B, I have one on order and should arrive tomorrow. I'll try to do a review of it on or before Monday when I get a chance to go back to the range.

Ok brother stain, I placed my order enough procrastination thanks for the help brother.

As for my mount I'm going bobro or adm. Are the duel levers better the the single lever? Adm dual lever runs 212 bobro runs 280. While the bobro single lever runs 199. Do I want standard or slightly forward?

The adm is the delta top to bottom if that make sense and so is the bobro.

The adm looks to be one solid piece besides the top part of the rings as a where the bobro seem to be bolted down on the bottom of the rings

Edited by Cali_Ed

RANT. why can't I mount a scope straight? this skill eludes me completely. I've used levels, strings, door frames....I swear I have it right, but when I look the next day it looks a tiny bit off. driving me insane.

/RANT

I had this problem and I had lgs mount it and everything I kept tweaking until I realized I was not putting my face to the stalk the same way every time?