• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Caught some more

shepp

• 2 weeks later...

Looks yummy!

Fry them up or steam them with a light soy sauce and ginger seasoning. mmmmmmm :drool:

Not unless you like mushy fish, waters to warm there meat isn't firm. All catch and release, I have ate them in the winter months and they're not bad, but that does sound good Shibi!!

Not unless you like mushy fish, waters to warm there meat isn't firm. All catch and release, I have ate them in the winter months and they're not bad, but that does sound good Shibi!!

Never heard of that happening.... never did notice the mushyness. Then again I am used to tropical fishing. Back in college in Singapore, the beach is within walking distance from my dorm and as starving/broke college kids, we'd go catch crabs, and fish pretty often. LOL

Maybe you guys are used to it from being down south or your case over seas but there's a big difference catching fish in the middle of summer and eating them and spring late fall and winter, even the pan fish are that way.

My gf is allergic to all fish so I don't normally keep much only what I'll eat and I've got a few bags in the freezer still

"Back in college in Singapore, the beach is within walking distance from my dorm and as starving/broke college kids, we'd go catch crabs, and fish pretty often. LOL

Shibi I too was a broke college kid ....and caught the crabs....and had some fishy tasting ones too!

:) Wash

"Back in college in Singapore, the beach is within walking distance from my dorm and as starving/broke college kids, we'd go catch crabs, and fish pretty often. LOL

Shibi I too was a broke college kid ....and caught the crabs....and had some fishy tasting ones too!

:) Wash

Lmao O'boy!!!!!

Salt water fish are not effected by warm water like fresh water fish..... bass in warm water can get mushy or soft the trick is catch and fillet right then and do not let water touch the meat pat any blood or moisture off with paper towels and put into a ziplock and press the air out then put on ice ,cover with ice....

Salt water fish are not effected by warm water like fresh water fish..... bass in warm water can get mushy or soft the trick is catch and fillet right then and do not let water touch the meat pat any blood or moisture off with paper towels and put into a ziplock and press the air out then put on ice ,cover with ice....

When we panfish in the summer we normally throw them right on ice