• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What other hobbies or activities?

imschur

I'm an instructor at a martial arts school, American Black Belt Academy here in West Houston.  When I lived in Maine I spent 6 years at an Okinawan Kempo school and did a lot of tournament fighting throughout New England.  I've been in this current school for 13 years, and instructing here for the past 10.

• 3 weeks later...

This should get ya a little wet then...  ;D

1986 Honda TRX-250R, fully restored and rebuilt by me in Feb 2008.  It's the oldest machine I have, but it's the fastest over all the other quads (2006 'Zuk LTR-450, 2 x 2003 'Zuk LTZ-400s with major engine and suspension work).  It crushes 'em. 

TRXBigBore14.jpg

Before the 310cc big bore, in the first pic above...

Fattypipe1.jpg

I can't find the other pics of the 2 stroke, but I will.  Here's some dune-foolery on the LTR-450.  Tell me what's funny lookin' in this pic...  ;D

Basketair.jpg

Slappin' together the LTZ-470 two days before a dune trip:

06.jpg

The Supermoto bike:

100_1124.jpg

The Street Missile - 2007 'Zuk M109RZ:

ModdedM109R.jpg

Got 'em!  This one is the keeper...

MyTRX81.jpg

MyTRX82.jpg

MyTRX83.jpg

Last Thanksgiving, Glamis sand dunes on the Honda:

One of my very best friends is a professional race photographer, and hits the dunes with us regularly.  He also owns a .308 AR (JD Machine upper and lower), and he's a lurker here as far as I can tell - maybe I'll draw him out with this...  ;D  He took this pic last T-Day:

250RLittleRoost.jpg

are their dasies on the basket?  ;D

Nice stuff man... Im so old I bought the Suzuki QuadSport the first year it came out and the Quadracer the following year.

first bike was was a 1975 Suzuki TM125. Ended my two wheel career with a DR 500 that tried to kill me on numerous occasions. poor handling, heavy and fast. Not a good combo. I gave up snowmobiling about 12 years ago because it stopped snowing

One of my very best friends is a professional race photographer, and hits the dunes with us regularly.  He also owns a .308 AR (JD Machine upper and lower), and he's a lurker here as far as I can tell - maybe I'll draw him out with this...  ;D  He took this pic last T-Day:

I don't think professional is really the right term...more like a paid hobbyist :o

I think photography is my biggest hobby anymore.  Make a trip or two out to the desert each year and hope to start doing a LOT more shooting soon.  I'm only everything minus the stripped upper/lower and a charging handle away from being done with the 308 ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I have enjoyed collectiing militaria.  I used to do living history.  I'm trying to finish up the uniform and equipment for a WWII Marine, and I'm nearing the end on that, but it gets expensive.  I suppose that's the point.....hunting until you find the right piece at the right price.

Ha....you asked for it.  Here is my WWII Marine to date.  Still working on trousers, shelter half, stakes and other minutae.

I also have a complete I.D'd WWI USN uniform (sans shoes)...that I didn't pull out of the closet lest the rest of the contents avalanche on me.  Also displayed are my Grandfather's WWI USMC tunic and campaign hat, and in the group photos, one or two other uni's, which include my mum's WWII Women's Marine uniform.

As an aside, if any of you have been watching HBO's "The Pacific", you'll be meeting John Basilone's wife in a future episode, possibly tonight.  My mum was instrumental in fleshing out Lena's character for them as she served during the war out at Camp Pendleton with her, and lived in the same barracks.  She did numerous interviews with the writers to develop Lena's character.  I provided some photo documentation, and set up the interviews with the lead writer who I knew.

Hope you enjoy the photos

post-21-136297263294_thumb.jpg

post-21-136297263298_thumb.jpg

I'm a C++ programmer and general PC hobbyist, I enjoy doing freelance PC repairs/builds and consulting in my free time. I also have some training and experience as a machinist, and intend to one day have a nice little shop suited to custom gunsmithing and tactical R&D.