• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What other hobbies or activities?

imschur

• 1 year later...

I missed this one. I mod ATVs , yeah these great big ones with the lifts and 31 inch tires that carry pipes and programmers , and I do the mud bogs. I raise large gardens every year and I go to school full time( working on an Electrical Engineering Degree), but am really studying for my state license and start my own company.

hockey, hockey, and yes, hockey.  my fiance and i play outdoor soccer.we play basketball and football after work sometimes. i used to race an rc51 in club racing at pocono and loudon, boy do i miss that bad boy. i help my father wrench on his drag car, learning mostly as much as possible. i have a daughter who is 5 and is starting soccer and takes up quite a bit of time. between all this and my house i try to squeeze in some shooting when it's nice. if hockey wasn't so much fun i would have way more time and money. i also ride a jamis dakar mtn bike with my dogs in the woods, and in the winter i snowboard and snowshoe. i have a favorable schedule at work, 4 days on, 4 off, 12 hr shifts at night 7-7am.

I absolutely love hunting and fishing. I've shot just about every damned thing that walks the land. I have a beater Jeep wrangler that keeps me off road, and the wife races ATV's so I have a few of those too. Wife also loves to fish and shoot, so we do a lot of outdoor andventures.

Being that I'm 33 years old, I do have one guilty hobby I have to admit to. I play Airsoft war games with large groups of guys. Mostly modern era stuff, but lately I've been entertaining the idea of WW2 and NAM reenactment stuff. I easily have $1000's invested. Luckily I'm LE so I can use my gear twice as much. Of course that means that I have to spend a lot more than the average kid on the field, since I can't use Chinese knock off for real world stuff. Last year I spent $1k upgrading my AR15 for playing.

Here's a few snap shots my wife took of me before a large scale (200+ players) game I was part of at Fort Ord (Monterey, CA).

07e0b814.jpg

a18f5e3a.jpg

(my mask is hanging on my rifle in the second picture. Gotta save the teeth!)

I work with a guy (ret full bird) who was stationed there too. I showed him pictures of the place and he cringed. It's a great MOUT training facility, and only a 3 hour drive out of my way. It's sad that it got to where it is, but better than losing it all together to development. Like the rest if this stupid state.

• 8 months later...

Photography, hunting, fishing, atvs ( utility quads), motorcycles (been thinking bout selling my 99' tl1000r I've got alot of custom work in her and don't wanna see her go but it's hard to be comfy on it for lOng anymore ) and tropical fish

Photography, hunting, fishing, atvs ( utility quads), motorcycles (been thinking bout selling my 99' tl1000r I've got alot of custom work in her and don't wanna see her go but it's hard to be comfy on it for lOng anymore ) and tropical fish

hey shepp, had one of those a long time ago. let me know, maybe i'll be interested. i had to sell my bikes in my divorce a while back, now i'm dying to get back on.