• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

leather vs kydeks iwb holster

Cali_Ed

Mernickle Holsters... you won't regret it.

Too bad you didn't say something earlier. I was just talking to Bob Mernickle at the Reno Gun Show yesterday. I bought my wife two holsters for her new P938 (IWB & OWB).

I have 3 or 4 of his holsters already. From my 5" 1911 to my Derringer. Great leather.

All the different materials, leather colors, carved or uncarved, airbrushed, etc.  He offers alot of stuff.  Take your time and pick a good one. 

Mine for the 4" 1911 is the Sunset Duotone.  Love that holster.

Here's some of mine. This is my EDC. All my leather (including the belt) is made by Bob Mernickle, in the mahogany red/brown color.

2:00/IWB = Walther PPK/s .380

4:00/OWB = Springfield TRP Operator .45ACP

8:00 = Dual 1911 mags. CMC Power+ 10

10:00/OWB = Maverick .357Mag Derringer (Xdraw)

20140814_175207_zpsygorezb_edit_14083713

20140814_175303_zpsp6xowrb_edit_14083715

20140814_175234_zpsksndxw8_edit_14083714

Ah, the lead time is a few weeks? Thanks again

They have a LOT of holsters on hand. If they have it, you'll get the holster in a few days. If they have to make it from scratch, they ask you be patient for up to 5 weeks. I don't think I've ever waited that long. The only one I special ordered was for my TRP Operator, due to the full length rail. I still only waited 3 or 4 weeks. The Derringer, Double Mag holder and Glock G17 were all immediate.

I'm not kidding you guys, when I met Rob the first time (which is a funny story all by itself...  <lmao>), he had all that stuff on.  ALL OF IT.

He says, "what are you carrying?"  At the time, I have the 4" 1911 with 8rd mag and one in the chamber, plus a 10rd spare mag.  I ask him, "What are YOU carrying?"

It was like a cartoon - he kept pulling out more and more stuff...  <laughs>

Not long after that trip, I picked up the XD45, 13rd mag and one in the chamber, with two 15rd mags as spares.  44 rounds of .45 ACP on me - just so I could feel "adequate" if he showed up again...  :eek: <lmao>

Love, ya, brother!  :happydrunks: