• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

leather vs kydeks iwb holster

Cali_Ed

I'm not kidding you guys, when I met Rob the first time (which is a funny story all by itself... <lmao>), he had all that stuff on. ALL OF IT.

Love, ya, brother! :happydrunks:

Best meet up ever. It will only get better next time!! We just need gimpy to heal up and earn some vacation time.

Any thoughts on the nylon stuff? That's the one you appendix right? I tried one and felt like nothing was there pretty comfy

If you've got nothing there, then it feels like nothing's there.  I'm just sayin'...  <lmao>

See this for reference - start watching very, very closely at 1:25...  <laughs>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Urc3qR5D6w

I wear a button up shirt & never wear a t-shirt under , too hot down here . I have a variety of Nylon CC holsters & they work just fine & I sometimes run with my dogs & never feel I'm going to lose anything, but I alway wear a belt of some sort. Several of them have an extra mag pouch on them . 

I carrie my PM 45 with extra mag in the small of my back .

• 6 months later...

For my personal needs, I don't wear leather holsters any more.  But I have one of their belts that should look like hell warmed over as I wear it every day, for carry or just to hold my pants up so I don't look "gangsta" and still is a serviceable as the day I got it.  I've thought about buying a new one every now and then, but then mine has held up so well, I just say screw it, and will keep wearing it until, if ever, it eventually wears out. FWIW, I don't carry IWB, only OWB.  I live in an open carry state, and really don't worry about printing, and don't want to buy all of my pants oversized to accommodate an IWB.  Your needs may vary wildly.

The only way I can think of doing owb is if I wear huge Hawaiian button shirt's or some kind of vest lol

Alien gear holsters are super cheap. I've hear multiple people rave about them. About 40 bucks

Comp tac I hear are really good aswell and has interchangeable shells.90 bucks. Wait time.

Crossbreed are about 70 bucks and don't have interchangeable shells.

wait time aswell.

I kind like the interchangeable part of holsters because it's cheaper to buy shells then full on holsters.

I think I plan on carrying 3-4.

Kinda considering appendix.

Just need a little more info before I pull the trigger.

I have two Crossbreeds. One mini tuck and one super tuck. Both are IWB. After a few days of wearing them to break them in, you honestly forget they are there. I had read this from other people before I bought my first one and just assumed it was an exaggeration. It's definitely legit. I started wearing them at 4 o'clock, but after they were broke in I shifted them to 3'oclock. Now I wear my super tuck with a Glock 23 for about 11 hours a day, five days a week, no problem. I don't have any experience with other IWB holsters to compare the Crossbreeds to, but I can't imagine anything being more comfortable. Hope this helps. Good luck on the decision.