• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

armasight MCS?

blue109

found it for 229 shipped. think there's a day left on the deal. I'm no amateur lol. could be pretty cool on my pistol build. was just wondering if my Benadryl fuled late night impulse buy was a mistake.

http://www.dvor.com/armasight-red-dot-special-35-2014-09-02.html

it's 229 and $10 shipping, but new accounts get a $10 credit. [sales pitch] pm me an email addy if you want to join and ill invite you. ill get a credit. rene...you saved me 10 bucks on this :)

Edited by blue109

• 2 weeks later...

initial impressions...

pretty cool. came with the sight, protective cover, and the "tunnel" cover. the sight feels pretty solid. the 3 moa dot has a little bleed but not bad. the 20 moa circle nice and sharp. the auto bright works really well and adjusts fast. buttons all seem solid. if you hold the on/off button for 2 seconds it overrides the auto bright and goes to full power. holding the ret button down switches it to NV mode. the electronics are good so far.

the tunnel cover seems like a failure point. it feels tough, but not magpul tough. the paperwork says it has passed drop tests, but I don't plan on verifying that. it has little rubber arms that hold the tinted lens cover on. it feels solid, and it's not really under stress but I don't trust it 100%. to be honest, I don't even really see the point of the tunnel cover other than looking neat. suppose it keeps dirt out of the path of the dot. it looks like it zeros by moving the sight in relation to the base, so I assume the base is proprietary and wouldn't be able to swap with any other systems.

overall, I'm happy at the price I paid. id be not so happy at the $400+ I've seen it advertised for. ill update this after I get a few rounds through it. ill get some more pics up asap.

post-12215-0-18641400-1411329583_thumb.j