• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Choosing BCG

Bang4Buck

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never did research who Clint McKee was, did ya?

I did. Fulton armory, right? From what I have read people seem to think the Fulton BCG is a DPMS BCG with fulton name on it. My AP may run just fine. Time will tell. All I know is when running searches I could not find any threads mentioning problems with aero products. DPMS is a whole different story. Nightmares everywhere with their stuff.

Edited by Bang4Buck

Melonite/Nitride BCG if you have an anodized upper... If you plan ahead, NiB your complete upper assembly. I jumped into the NiB before it became popular. I had SI-D finish my entire upper (including the BCG and barrel extension). NiB can be put on aluminum or steel. Melonite can only be done to steel.

NIB BCG from this Company , the ones I have go from them are almost flawless ( but I didn't look at it at 4x power  <laughs> ) 

http://www.shadowopsweaponry.com/default.aspx

As far as DPMS , I don't think they make their own BCG's , they come from an outside source & DPMS is probably the largest 308AR producer out there , comparing them to a Company that only puts out a fraction of the components or rifles , is not really a fair comparison .

I have a question, should i worry about a forward assist compatible BCG or just get a BCG & IF it doesnt have the serations just plug the hole on my Aero Precision upper with a plug from ADCO?

Unless you care about cutting weight wherever possible I'd just leave the normal FA in there. It'll still be able to work against the shoulder between the front and rear halves of the carrier (but just that one spot lol). If you really want to replace it you can get one of those AR Gas Vents.

Wonder how that works shooting left hand . I guess where the port is pointing would make a deference 

I have a question, should i worry about a forward assist compatible BCG or just get a BCG & IF it doesnt have the serations just plug the hole on my Aero Precision upper with a plug from ADCO?

Some one is making a 308AR BC with serration's for the FA , in the same area as an AR 15 . There is a thread on it around here some where. It may have been Aero . I've never used the FA on my 308AR , I have one with & one with out ,a FA.

Wonder how that works shooting left hand . I guess where the port is pointing would make a deference 

Some one is making a 308AR BC with serration's for the FA , in the same area as an AR 15 . There is a thread on it around here some where. It may have been Aero . I've never used the FA on my 308AR , I have one with & one with out ,a FA.

Aero precision makes the BCG with forward assist. My mega Maten doesn't even have a forward assist. Many would say it is not necessary.

Unless you care about cutting weight wherever possible I'd just leave the normal FA in there. It'll still be able to work against the shoulder between the front and rear halves of the carrier (but just that one spot lol). If you really want to replace it you can get one of those AR Gas Vents.

Is the gas vent really needed? Wouldn't the gases be vented out the ejection port anyhow? Thanks for the link.

Edited by Christopher67

Is the gas vent really needed? Wouldn't the gases be vented out the ejection port anyhow? Thanks for the link.

It also gets vented through the space around the charging handle back into your face. This is usually an issue with suppressed guns, but can happen with unsuppressed ones too (I've had it happen to me). It'll help with that.

It also gets vented through the space around the charging handle back into your face. This is usually an issue with suppressed guns, but can happen with unsuppressed ones too (I've had it happen to me). It'll help with that.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Now i just need to use my google-fu & find one in stock lol.

Edited by Christopher67

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I ended up buying a second BCG from Fulton armory for a future build.  You can see from my earlier post the original one I got has the traditional cotter pin in it.  The new BCG I got has a completely different pin in it.  The best way to describe it is it has a flat button like face and sits deep inside the carrier.

Never seen that style pin before.  What's the pros/cons of it?

Edited by BadBoyBilly